Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum - View Single Post - Lifetime MPG stuck in a loop

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
SmartGoKart

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I recently made a few long highway trips that got my LMPG up to 64.9. for the last few weeks it has been steadily going down (I normally get around 60 with my normal commute and street/hwy mix), and now I'm at 62.5.

Here's the problem: it went down to 62.2, then when I was going up a 6% grade and it went back UP to 62.5...That's impossible, cuz I was getting 25mpg up the grade (according to the real time slider thingie). So then I was going for a few more miles and it went to 62.0, so I thought it was just some weird calculation, but now it seemed normal, but then it went back up to 62.2 under heavy load.

So now it keeps going 62.2 -> 62.5-> 60.0. ->62.2->62.5->62.0->62.2->62.5->62.0. Etc, etc.

Should I just reset it? What's the deal?
SmartGoKart is offline   Reply With Quote