Front Springs - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Front Springs

I now have upgraded front springs for gen1's. They have 30% more spring rate than stock from a MT.

Over the past several years I have been having manufactured and selling rear springs that were copied from Dawoo Matiz. In the process I have had many requests about front springs. I went to the manufacturer and met with one of their engineers. We tested stock rear springs and found that the Dawoo copies we have been making are 30% more spring in the rear and raise the rear of the car about 3/4" to 1". Many of the requests for the fronts did not want to change the front ride height. The new springs do not change the front ride height.

The requirement for the new spring was that it needed to be a direct fit to the front struts and it is.

I actually had prototypes made back in July and installed them on several cars prior to Insight Fest in August. At Insight Fest many people drove may car with the upgraded springs and liked them. My car now has about 12,000 miles since install.

The car definitely has a different feel with upgraded springs all around. The car has more of a road feel, one of the comments was, "it feels like a car with sport suspension". It handles bigger bumps and stays much flatter in the corners.

Currently there are about 10 cars out there with the springs. Some of the owners have mentioned them in other threads as prototypes, however they are now the production springs.

Installation: Installation is not the same as rears. It requires disassembly of the front suspension and the use of a spring compressor. Also, when disassembling front suspension it requires care not to pull the front axel out of joint, if this happens the axel should be removed from the car and reassembled properly on the bench. People have tried it in the car and think they have it back together only to find out they have a vibration and risk greater damage to the axel.
Now would also be a good time to evaluate the front suspension components of your car: struts, tie rod ends & adjusters, lower control arms, sway bar links, strut bearings and even servicing the CV joints.
Look for two new videos, front spring replacement and how to put a dis jointed axel back together properly.

The front springs are $110.00 per pair, shipped.
$100.00 picked up in Covina, Ca. Installation and alignment available.

I still also have rear springs available.
Rears are $100.00 shipped.
$90.00 picked up.

If you would like fronts and rears together shipped they are $200.00.

My PayPal is in my signature below.

Feel free to ask questions here in the thread, PM or killer3cylinder@gmail.com

Photo attached of new front springs.

Thanks,
Scott
KLR3CYL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2443.jpg (117.8 KB, 35 views)
Red 2002,MT 196,000mi, RE92's, new rear springs, GAZ shocks
Citrus 2000,MT 182,000mi, MIMA, RE92's, S2000 leather steering wheel, Japanese seat covers.
Simple grid charger SC03
New rear coil springs available, PM me.
One piece aluminum underbody panels.
PayPal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KLR3CYL is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ive been waiting for these since Insightfest. Money sent
Old 01-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Order placed and money sent! Thanks Scott!
57.5 LMPG
shoop is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Love mine on the Citrus. Scott installed with new struts (old one was leaking after 173k miles). He feel is good and worth the low price of admission.
38k miles when purchased
Bazzetta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ladies and Gents, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Scott for an awesome product. I just replaced all suspension components on the car and while doing so bought a pair of Scott’s front and rear springs. This car doesn’t even drive like the same car anymore. The feeling is stiff and has a sports car feel. It is way better than stock in every way. I have a 12,000 mile insight so I know what the car feels like when it is almost brand new. No comparison! These springs are a bargain for what you get for the low cost. I will soon be updating my 12,000 mile car to these springs when I get the chance. One word of caution, when reinstalling your CV Axles make sure the joint isn’t popped out of place or you will be taking them out and reinstalling them to get rid of your strange new vibration issue.
Blackhawk MTP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

These springs just plan work. I have a set on back and front with new rear gas shocks and new struts.
They were installed by Scott at his shop and they have work beautifully. Braking is where I really feel the difference. Instead of the previous rear end rise when braking the car lays out flat so there is an even distribution of weight and stopping feels smooth. The brake pads will last much longer because the car drops evenly instead of the typical rear end rise.
Rolling is another key feature. I have gained 10 MPG more with these springs. The ride is smooth and I can also coast roll much further. There is nothing wrong with saving brake pads and gas.
Contact Scott. He is a great mechanic and really takes the time to explain what he is doing and why. Along with Jimmy Shu, shop owner, they make a great, professional team. I recommend Scott for any Insight work.
jtobin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtobin View Post
Rolling is another key feature. I have gained 10 MPG more with these springs. The ride is smooth and I can also coast roll much further. There is nothing wrong with saving brake pads and gas.
What? You're going to have to explain how that works.
samwichse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I plan to order a pair of these springs, but am curious about the suggestion for CV joint service while installing the springs.

My car is approaching 200K miles, the CV boots are not cracked and I do not notice any strange sounds or steering behavior
I can attribute to the CV joints. Other than a cleaning and regreasing, is there any reason to preemptively replace them?
Silver 2006 MT #531
195K miles
Genesis One GCO1 Charger, OBDIIC&C v0.81, MIMA 070 PnP, GAZ rear shocks, KLR3CYL rear springs and belly pan
davenm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

I thought they typically rust and become brittle. I don't think you'll have major issues in New Mexico.
hondarider90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2017, 01:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenm View Post
I plan to order a pair of these springs, but am curious about the suggestion for CV joint service while installing the springs.

My car is approaching 200K miles, the CV boots are not cracked and I do not notice any strange sounds or steering behavior
I can attribute to the CV joints. Other than a cleaning and regreasing, is there any reason to preemptively replace them?
This would be a very good time to just clean and re-grease the CV's. Done carefully you can reuse the band clamps.

Scott
Red 2002,MT 196,000mi, RE92's, new rear springs, GAZ shocks
Citrus 2000,MT 182,000mi, MIMA, RE92's, S2000 leather steering wheel, Japanese seat covers.
Simple grid charger SC03
New rear coil springs available, PM me.
One piece aluminum underbody panels.
PayPal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KLR3CYL is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Random Question