2006 Red 102k Rebuilt MT, New RE92s, Strong IMA - Page 3 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2017, 08:56 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jime View Post
If you are reposting the content and format that you have in the OP, I think from my reading of CL rules and flagging standards that you may be providing too much detail for a "for sale" ad. I agree with you that the detail seems to enhance understand of the car, but there are similar "over detail" examples cited on the CL forum. Just guessing. JMHO of what CL may be doing.
I have read that they don't like too much detail, something to try next I guess... The ad had been up for 15 days before it started getting flagged. I also tried posting it in ohio (where my whole family is) just to get more coverage and I heavily condensed that ad. It was flagged in 30 min (assuming someone didn't like the multi state situation.)

The problem with craigslist flagging is most is done by craigslist users, thus if someone decided I was competition for their ad they could keep hitting the flag button until it goes away. It is almost 100% user moderated.

We will see how well the silver 06 does when I get it posted, hoping it isn't as big of an issue.
1977busman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2017, 08:04 AM   #22 (permalink)

Did this sell on eBay, or what are you going to do now?
longcommuter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 11:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcommuter View Post
Did this sell on eBay, or what are you going to do now?
Sorry I am just seeing this! I lost my shop space at the beginning of the month, landlord told me on a sunday he sold the building and that we needed to be out of the building by the following friday so things have been a little crazy.

For anyone that missed it, bidding ended around $5k on the ebay auction and I threw it back to the last few bidders with a "second chance offer" of $7200 with no interest.

For now I am going to keep the red car, it is too nice to just give away. I am working on getting the silver 06 buttoned up this weekend and post it on craigslist locally. I ideally wanted to keep it, as it wasn't as nice and I didn't feel bad using it like more of a beater. (the cruise control is a nice touch too )

I will probably throw the silver 06 up here as well to gauge interest. Both are technically for sale it is whichever doesn't sell I will keep.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977busman View Post

For anyone that missed it, bidding ended around $5k on the ebay auction and I threw it back to the last few bidders with a "second chance offer" of $7200 with no interest.
Good for you! Someone finally resisted giving away a superior example of an increasingly rare car. I have done the same on my 06 Pearl Blue. It has Carfax hit for a very minor rear end collision, which was fixed at the best aluminum shop in VA. Non-the-less, buyers pull up the car fax and want to cut the price in half. I'm just going to drive it and sell a lesser Citrus with no Carfax.

People buy trash at the bottom end, then get on here asking for help fixing it. Amazing.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:15 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jime View Post
Good for you! Someone finally resisted giving away a superior example of an increasingly rare car. I have done the same on my 06 Pearl Blue. It has Carfax hit for a very minor rear end collision, which was fixed at the best aluminum shop in VA. Non-the-less, buyers pull up the car fax and want to cut the price in half. I'm just going to drive it and sell a lesser Citrus with no Carfax.

People buy trash at the bottom end, then get on here asking for help fixing it. Amazing.
Agreed! I was being badgered left and right about "well this one is only $2500" or "This one is only $3000" and every time I looked at those "comparisons" they were always 2000s or 2001s, had either an unknown battery or a known bad battery, most had synchro issues, and fading paint with no re92s. You could easily buy one of those for $2500 and within a year still have $7000 in it to make it "right" and its still a 5 year older car.

Needless to say the silver 06 will appeal to those buyers better! ha faded hood paint, good tires but Kuhmos not re92s, new brakes, cruise control, smooth transmission but no record of repair, and most importantly a known functioning battery that performs well after reconditioning, but is definitely not new and will require ongoing balancing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Random Question