Wanted: First Generation In New England - Page 2 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I acquired a silver 2000 MT with air last week and I just got started on it. It's not a cream-puff garage queen but it's pretty good. Far for you though: I'm near Toronto. I have another one same as above and same mileage too- 210,000 km. About the same condition but all refurbed. The only thing left to do is get out a slight lean-burn stutter. I'm thinking about $5500 Cdn for either. PM me if you want.
rhall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle31 View Post
Well guys, once again i've seen yet another Insight that was beat up. Damage on every panel of the car. Dents, scuffs, scratches everywhere. I just don't get it. I have not seen one Insight in remotely good condition. I can let some scratches go and the rock chips in the front are a given, but every panel?!!! My girlfriends 2001 integra is in way better shape than any Insight i've looked at and she doesn't even care about her car. As far as the Prius goes, i know there is no comparison. I've driven and love the Insight in every way. I just meant that i would buy a Prius over the Cvt Insight since they are way easier to come by. Is their anyone who owns a clean Insight? Sell it to me please!
Too bad you're not interested in a CVT (not that I blame you!) since there's a pristine Silver 2003 CVT at a Honda dealer about a mile from me. Not in your backyard, but I can vouch for it being scratch-free
Old 11-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah, there are a couple low mileage Cvt's within 50 miles of me, but i just can't do it. No offense to the folks with automatics, i just prefer the manual. Its way more fun to drive. Even though i bring up the Prius, i know deep down i will never buy one. They are just so easy to come by that it gets a little tempting. The Insight is what i want, its just trying to be patient enough to find a decent one that is getting tough. Like i said, it doesn't have to look like it hasn't been driven, but the demolition derby Insight's are just killing me.

Last edited by Pelle31; 11-02-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Pelle31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhall View Post
I acquired a silver 2000 MT with air last week and I just got started on it. It's not a cream-puff garage queen but it's pretty good. Far for you though: I'm near Toronto. I have another one same as above and same mileage too- 210,000 km. About the same condition but all refurbed. The only thing left to do is get out a slight lean-burn stutter. I'm thinking about $5500 Cdn for either. PM me if you want.
I appreciate your offer, but yeah, you are way too far. Most of them usually are. Thank you though.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle31 View Post
Hey everyone. I'm starting a new thread since its been a while. I've still been trying to find a clean, low mileage first generation 5 speed insight. I would prefer it to be in the new england area. Well maintained inside and out. Really want silver but any color is acceptable. I've seen a lot of Cvt's out there, but not 5 speeds. If i want a Cvt, i can just go buy a Prius, which is getting tempting. Thanks.
Hi Pelle31-I might have just what you're looking for. I own a 2004 Insight, manual, silver with 137,000 mi. Just had hybrid battery replacement (under warranty). Car is in excellent condition-no dings or dents. Runs like a top, 69 lifetime MPG. Email if interested, or call 973-625-4170.
Ed Kayen
ed kayen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Off the subject i know, but still wanted to post. Pelle Lindbergh passed away 27 years ago today. I idolized him when i was young playing hockey. I use his name and number as my user name on all the forums to keep his memory alive. You are not forgotten. Rest in peace. 1959-1985

Last edited by Pelle31; 11-11-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hi Pelle. Mine isn't for sale (yet), but just wanted to pop in since I live in Willington and drive it in to Hartford daily. Citrus Green with a Mizzou sticker on the hatch in case you ever see me and want to honk.

jme5343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

I used to live in Willimantic for a few years which isn't too far from you. Went to Willington Pizza a lot. If i see you i will honk for sure. You will definitely stand out with the Citrus. I've only seen one since they came out and that was about a month ago in Manchester.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

I have a very nice 2006 that I put on here a bit ago but haven't tried very hard to sell. It's not silver. It's red with a sunroof and newer tires. 5 spd of course. I'm in Oregon, but bought it from someone in Penn. a couple of years ago on Craigslist. I had it shipped to me. It's a great car in great shape. The only problem is that I need a back seat these days for my grand kids...
kuhnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'm going to check out Mr. Kayen's car this weekend. He happens to be selling his for the same reason. I have a good feeling about this one, as he seems to be as meticulous about his car as i am about mine. If so, i will be taking it with me and finally be a part of the family. I hope so. I appreciate the reply since i'm still not sure how this will play out, but being on the other side of the country, and buying without being able to view it is something i cannot do personally. Most of the low mileage ones i have seen advertised seem to be on your coast though. Best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.