Wanted: First Generation In New England - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wanted: First Generation In New England

Hey everyone. I'm starting a new thread since its been a while. I've still been trying to find a clean, low mileage first generation 5 speed insight. I would prefer it to be in the new england area. Well maintained inside and out. Really want silver but any color is acceptable. I've seen a lot of Cvt's out there, but not 5 speeds. If i want a Cvt, i can just go buy a Prius, which is getting tempting. Thanks.

Last edited by Pelle31; 10-27-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Pelle31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Anyone got one available? I have been looking for what seems like forever now and its getting discouraging. That's why i'm thinking about the Prius. There are a million of those available with hardly any miles on them. I really want the Insight though. I only need two seats. It looks cool ,it's aluminum, and oh yeah, it gets great gas mileage. Help me out guys!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle31 View Post
Anyone got one available? I have been looking for what seems like forever now and its getting discouraging. That's why i'm thinking about the Prius. There are a million of those available with hardly any miles on them. I really want the Insight though. I only need two seats. It looks cool ,it's aluminum, and oh yeah, it gets great gas mileage. Help me out guys!!!
Besides looking here at IC, I'd suggest Used Cars, New Cars, Reviews, Photos and Opinions - CarGurus Mostly dealers so you're not likely to find a steal, but it will give you a good bird's eye view of the market. Keep the faith. It does take longer than looking for a Civic or Corolla.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Lol, you're not kidding. That's one of sites i check regularly along with cars.com, autotrader, craigslist, and ebay. Problem is trying to find one that's relatively close. I know a lot of people are willing to gamble on sight unseen, but i'm not one of them. That just makes things a bit harder for me i guess.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've seen some in Pa. and Va. but that's about it. I just don't want to drive 6 to 8 hours and know in 5 minutes that i don't want the car. That's the predicament i'm in right now.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

Going to check out a 2006 today. I'm not getting my hopes up, since the majority i've seen look like the owners never cleaned or took care of their cars at all. It doesn't have to be perfect, but damn, at least make an effort people!!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
and Sid the dog

Default Good luck

Good luck - hope you like what you see.

Just in case it's not been well loved, I should say that they do scrub up very well. Mark Elvin did a photo blog on this site and I've seen his car - it's an amazing transformation. Testament to the quality of the car and Honda's efforts to do it right. The fact that they cost so little to run and need so little attention (until the IMA light comes on) does inevitably lead to a lot of them living hard lives.

Ours needed a respray (see the photo gallery) and a serious clean but now looks ten years younger.
Citrus 2000 MT UK spec 140k miles VIN#000032
Michelin Energy Saver plus (latest EU ratings), Noisy gearbox
Best 11 miles @ 115.1mpg
UK_MJN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks, i hope i'm surprised to find one that i won't have to go to extremes to make decent looking again. Obviously, the most important thing is the drivetrain, battery, etc, but at least with it being an 06 its still under the warranty.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

[QUOTE=UK_MJN;245144]Good luck - hope you like what you see.

Just in case it's not been well loved, I should say that they do scrub up very well....

I agree. The seats covers can be removed and laundered. The door panels can be scrubbed with soap and water and rinsed without any issues. The car is small and easy to detail. Watch for brake line and fuel line rust and general rust on the parts in the engine compartment.

Good luck

By the way driving the Insight compared to the Prius is NOT comparable. The Insight is a fun little car with lots of driving styles and options. The Prius is an appliance.
rhall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well guys, once again i've seen yet another Insight that was beat up. Damage on every panel of the car. Dents, scuffs, scratches everywhere. I just don't get it. I have not seen one Insight in remotely good condition. I can let some scratches go and the rock chips in the front are a given, but every panel?!!! My girlfriends 2001 integra is in way better shape than any Insight i've looked at and she doesn't even care about her car. As far as the Prius goes, i know there is no comparison. I've driven and love the Insight in every way. I just meant that i would buy a Prius over the Cvt Insight since they are way easier to come by. Is their anyone who owns a clean Insight? Sell it to me please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.