2004 Interior Door Panel - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2004 Interior Door Panel

Hi everyone. Proud to say i'm finally an owner of a 2004 Insight. By far the cleanest i have seen and couldn't pass it up. Anyhow, the driver's side door panel somehow got cracked under the fabric where you rest your arm, so i'm looking to replace it as soon as possible. The interior color is tan. Trying to avoid getting taken to cleaners by the dealer. Thanks.

Last edited by Pelle31; 11-17-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Pelle31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

In the process of fixing every little thing that needs to be done to this car. I know most folks let the little things go but I'm not like that. This car will be as close to new as possible when I'm done and I will never sell it. If I have to get this part through the dealer, so be it, but I know there are a lot of parts cars available. Its not on the top of the priority list, as I know its not a common part to ask for, just keep me in mind. A bunch on Ebay, but they are all Gray. The Tan seems to be harder to find.

Last edited by Pelle31; 11-25-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lean Burn = Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle31 View Post
In the process of fixing every little thing that needs to be done to this car. I know most folks let the little things go but I'm not like that. This car will be as close to new as possible when I'm done and I will never sell it. If I have to get this part through the dealer, so be it, but I know there are a lot of parts cars available. Its not on the top of the priority list, as I know its not a common part to ask for, just keep me in mind. A bunch on Ebay, but they are all Grey. The Tan seems to be harder to find.
The newer interior is *much* harder to find. I had one about a year ago, and I threw it away because I could not find a buyer. I have not seen another instance of the 04-06 interior being sold by private party in the ~2 yrs I've been doing this. There are just so few of the 04-06's out there.

I did see one on copartfinder a few days ago. Maybe you could call the salvage yard and get it from them?
Current score: Bought/Selling/Sold/Dismantled nine silvers, two blues, and a Citrus beauty to keep for myself.
jeff652 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'll check into that right now, thanks Jeff.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Found it. Was it Red? If so, the panel unfortunately looks far worse than the one on my car, but thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will keep an eye on that site.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hi Pelle31, a little side track - do you have floor mats in your 2004? If so, are they grey or tan? I am not sure if tan mats exist. I have grey but would love tan (for Christmas )

2005 Insight, UK Spec Silver 5 speed with Grid Charger, IMA C&C, Alpine head unit & subwoofer & iPod link, Focal component speakers, Matiz rear springs, Shark Fin aerial, 165/70/14 Continental tyres, Garmin EcoRoute HD, sound deadened rear shelf, 'InsightCentral' number plates, 19" rear wiper, K&N filter
Previous owner of 1999 Japanese Silver 5sp, 2001 UK Citrus 5sp & 2000 Japanese Red CVT
Honda Insight - An extraordinary car for ordinary people
The Citrus Smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Honestly, I'm not sure if they exist either. I have the Tan interior but my floor mats are Gray. I'm actually going to purchase some Weathertech floor mats to replace them though. So much easier to keep clean. We all know how sand gets embedded in the carpeting and i just won't stop until every grain is out, so they will save my sanity.

Last edited by Pelle31; 11-25-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Saw the blue 2006 on Copartfinder as well, but just like the 2004 that is on there, its covered in grease. Based on what i have seen, including Ebay, is that I'm going to have a hard time finding one that isn't covered in grease. I guess that's how it goes when you're looking at totaled Insight's. I'll give it a few months and see if anything turns up. If not, i guess I'll pay a bit more for it.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Can you see and get to the crack from the backside of the panel? If so, ruff up the surface and spread some two part epoxy across the crack.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

I thought about giving that a shot but based on how it feels, the crack seems to be kinda spider webbed. The fabric side is a little bubbled in that area but doesn't look too bad. It can't hurt to try, but i know i won't be able to get it as good as i want it to be. I still can't figure out how the previous owner did this in the first place and i didn't ask seeing that its a minor flaw and the rest of the car looks great for its age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.