Thinking about selling the Insight. I haven't had any luck finding a buyer for my MR2, and I don't really want to deal with the car payments when I've got tuition to worry about. I'm looking to sell one (or both) of my cars.
5-speed with air conditioner. Car has about 50k miles on it. IMA battery is in excellent shape. Everything is in perfect working condition.
Sadly, there is some wear and tear on the car. The body has a few scratches and holograms (but not a single dent or ding), and the driver seat has a worn bolster. I'm probably posting this prematurely, as I'd have the paint restored to pristine condition before selling the car.
The car has a bumper-to-bumper warranty
that covers pretty much everything, including the hybrid battery. Transferable to new owner. This was around $2000, and is good for 2 years I think (maybe 5 years, but I think just 2). If you don't want it, you can call and get a prorated refund (almost 100% right now).
Here's what I've done to the car since I got it:
OEM floor mats
- The car didn't come with any, so I bought some from the junk yard. Not the cleanest, but better than nothing. Still on the lookout for a nice set.
Hybrid Audio Technologies (HAT) Imagine I61-2v2
. I'm no audiophile, but these are the best car speakers I have ever heard. Brings the music to life - you can hear every instrument. Totally new experience, especially compared to stock speakers (my cell phone sounds better).
Expertfabricator's shoebox sub enclosure
. Hides perfectly under the hatch carpet. This one was specially made with a circle cutout and extra reinforcement for the woofer I used.
Sundown Audio SA-8
. Amazing subwoofer - best of the best. Was planning on adding a port to the sub box to get those real low frequencies, but haven't had a chance yet.
Soundsteam Picasso Nano PN4.520D
. This amp was a PERFECT fit for the original CD changer location, allowing for a 100% stealth install of the subwoofer with zero intrusion into cargo/interior space. Wired with Knukonceptz Krystal Kable RCA cables (another best).
Llumar Air blue 80 / Pinnacle 50 tint / clear headlight protector
. Clear tint on all side windows and 50% on the hatch. This isn't some generic tint from the shop around the corner. Air blue 80 blocks more heat than limo tint does, and it's legal/certified in CA. Pinnacle 50% tint on the hatch for privacy without impacting night time vision. Lifetime warranty on the tint, and I believe it needs to be redone, so maybe the hatch color can be changed if you want since they'll be redoing it anyway. I got the headlight protectors because these headlights are in perfect shape (no yellowing/etc) and I want them to stay that way.
Ground Control coilovers
. The stock suspension is so soft I get sea sick. These springs make a big difference in handling, but they'll truly shine when combined with some stiffer shocks. Lower car = better aero too!
Optima yellowtop battery
. Great upgrade since I like to sit in the car between classes to listen to music/etc. In my old car (had a redtop), I could go 8+ hours with the stereo on before the battery would start getting weak. Haven't tested the yellowtop like that yet.
Upgraded ground wires
. Not some ricer "streetwirez" kit or whatever. The factory ground wires in the engine bay have a tendency to fail, so I used leftover 4ga wire from my subwoofer install to make a ground wire kit of significantly higher quality. I still do have the OEM wires just in case.
- I always change tranny fluid immediately when buying a car. It tends to get overlooked yet it can make such a big difference. Redline makes excellent fluids and IMO this is no exception. Shifting was already smooth so not much noticable difference there. Instead, this gives me the peace of mind knowing that the tranny fluid is clean and the gears/etc are well protected.
- I love Amsoil fluids (though I prefer Redline in my transmissions). This stuff is expensive, but great. Just did the first oil change, and WOW, what a difference! It's a LOT easier to keep it in lean burn, even going uphill.
- Haven't installed this yet, but sounds like it'll be an important upgrade to protect the factory magnesium oil pan from stripping. First oil change is due soon, so I'll install it when the time comes.
Trico Innovision wipers
- Might seem silly to list wiper blades, but I think this is another "best" that deserves mention. These are the probably the most aerodynamic wipers possible - no silly spoilers or ugly frames - just a flat piece of metal. My last set lasted me 3 years, but I remove the wipers during summer for aero which also keeps the blades fresh.
I'd really rather keep the car, but I'd let it go for about what I paid for it: $10500 (it was something like $10660)
The following upgrades are available, and I would prefer to sell them with the car. However, any of them can be removed:
$2000 for the warranty
$800 for audio upgrades
$400 for coilovers
I'm not asking for anything extra for the stock/maintenance stuff I've done. Prices negotiable on upgrades.
Pictures of everything here:
Here are a few in case you're lazy to click: