my luck or a common theme with sitting batteries? - Page 8 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2017, 01:20 AM   #71 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

You likely have some sticks in there with excessive SD, and the voltage disparity at installation was too large. Now that you've gotten some current in them, they're probably holding a decent voltage for the short term and giving some decent performance.

I'd do some IMA resets and forced charges to at least get the pack pumped up as much as possible in-car.
'05 G1 CVT w/192K mi as of 7/2016; '02 G1 CVT w/182K mi as of 7/2016 (P1449 HR pack); '06 HCH2 #1 w/145K mi as of 7/2016 (SOLD!), '06 HCH2 #2 w/223k mi as of 2/2016 (SOLD!); '03 Prius w/166K mi - Pack rebuilt with Gen2 modules; '08 Prius w/135k mi as of 7/2016; '07 Prius w/185k mi as of 7/2016

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by S Keith; 04-18-2017 at 02:05 AM.
S Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #72 (permalink)

yeah i put a few force charges on it, we will see how it goes.

for the herky jerky, figured it'd come back as usual. probably just the upstream O2 sensor registering slightly richer than it should which is leaning out the engine too much to run efficiently and causing the misfires and assiness we deal with once the adaptive memories kicked in. been thinking of just putting a pot on the signal wire to trick the ECU and do my own fuel trims to maximize efficiency.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:37 PM   #73 (permalink)

Thanks for all the input, so far the car has been working well with the refurbished battery.

just gotta keep plugging away at the herky jerky issue though, which i am fairly certain is just a tired upstream O2 sensor.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:21 PM   #74 (permalink)

So now the herky jerky's come back?

I've tested my O2 sensor that doesn't have herky jerky in my friend's. It helped a little bit, but the herky jerky was still there. So there's more to it than that, I suspect old CAT.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:42 AM   #75 (permalink)

everyones car may be prone to different causes, in my case i have ruled all that stuff out, especially the cat since i have none left.

the car doesn't have the herky jerkies after i reset the computer, it runs ok for about a day until the adaptive memories lean the car beyond ideal, seems it is running too lean. at least that is what i have gathered by playing with things, i got the spare upstream O2 sensor to come back to life but it runs even worse with that one, idle is poo like it is wayyyyy too lean with that one.

Last edited by Lyger; 04-21-2017 at 12:47 AM.
Lyger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Random Question