Question - Page 3 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam12345 View Post
This is the newest car i have and all but my miata turn the lights off. I have 92 to 2000 model years. Get real this is a honda screw up
Auto-off would be nice but I'm convinced the circuit that's used conserves electrical energy.

Switching the lights off automatically, generally requires a relay - where a coil has to be powered during "car in use" status. That would allow the lights to function if wanted by driver. This would be one more a continual electrical drain while driving. You can measure that energy in gallons per hour of fuel consumed, if you take the trouble to do it.

The car does ring some chimes if you shut it off and get out with the headlights on. Dome light - I think there's no warning.

I changed my dome light over to LEDs. Left one on overnight, no issues in the morning.
brucepick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

No i was expecting that when you open your door the lights would go off.
Sam12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Not that big of a deal anyways
Sam12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
eq1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyger View Post
never seen someone driving along with just their headlights on and the back of their car completely barren of light? i see it a little too often, not sure why car manufacturers even made that an option for DRL, to where people don't even use actual night time lights, or perhaps don't even realize it.
Ah, I see, you're saying that, with automatic driving lights, people forget, etc., to turn on the real headlights when driving at night...
Old 05-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #25 (permalink)

My 1977 VW Bus turns the headlights off with the ignition. Leaves the parking lights on. So, not a new idea. Different manufacturers have different philosophies. Personally I appreciate having full manual control. At least the Insight has a buzzer, my aging father's '04 CRV doesn't (maybe it's busted) and he leaves the lights on. All. The. Time.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Random Question