I saw an Insight at..... - Page 132 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #1311 (permalink)

Intersting thread, I see 1st Gen Insights all the time. One in parked in a driveway across from my office in Simbury CT - its silver. There are two red ones I see in the Bloomfield Simbury area (one with a roof rack and one without - I saw them about 2 minutes apart once so I know its not the same car). I was one a month ago at a stop light in Manchester CT. I've see one or so every 2 months going south on 91 in CT around 4:00 - 4:20 pm. When I used to commute to Boston (11/9/09-10/7/10) I used to see a silver one (I had a blue one at the time) on Route 90 east almost every morning at about 5:30-5:45 am.

Its like being doctor who in your tartus and seeing another tartus - you say wow that car is small. Then you realize its the same size as the car I'm in. Dumdedumdedumdedumdeumdedumdedumdeumduem OOOOOOOOOOO
phwx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #1312 (permalink)

Friend had two tickets to see the Bellamy Brothers in the Plano Courtyard Center near downtown last night so we joined them. Upon leaving the concert, near downtown, we drove by a red Insight parked on a short street beside the DART station downtown, on the west side of the tracks, around 10:30pm... Not that familiar with the neighborhood, so that's as close as I can get...
Old 11-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #1313 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezin4 View Post
...and the front-roof mounted antenna, and the small trunk spoiler.
Didn't know about that. I like how the wheels look like a turtle shell, and they are harder to spot.

In Canada, for a certain year set, all Civics and Honda fit's came with the 2nd gen Civic Hybrid rims. The five spoke ones. So for that set it's impossible to tell a Civic from a hybrid unless you see the badge. It gave it a 1.8mpg increase along with the spoiler.
Sheepdog 44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #1314 (permalink)

Been really lucky of late! Saw a red one last week off I64, exit 238 near Williamsburg. I honked and they looked (I think!).
jrmgarcia@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #1315 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

07 NOV: Saw a BLUE one driven by young lady in Frederick, MD on 15 North at 7pm.
*Joined the Stable of a Fellow Insighter*: Silver 2001 Insight 5spd - #0160
275+K miles
(Had some bruises, needed some stuff...but I still loved it.)

Citrus w/ A/C - #2083
270+K miles
(Still needs some stuff...but I already love it.)
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #1316 (permalink)

Cool Port Saint Lucie

Interesting that I saw someone post re: Port Saint Lucie. I drive a Silver 04 G1, thought it was me you were talking about (I live on Gatlin Blvd) but I don't have any woodstock sticker. :P

Also, I know a guy who works on the same block as me in Downtown Fort Pierce who also has a silver G1.

Maybe we could get together some time? I'm a new owner and I don't think I'm getting the most out of my car as I could be getting (get jumping/bucking maintaining 45 mph in 5th (MT) and then it jumps out of lean burn mode.) Coggin said "We have never heard of having to clean the EGR plate or valve." I have a new plate and the rubber rings to replace after cleaning the plate, but I am not handy enough nor do I trust myself to take my engine apart
nickspuma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #1317 (permalink)

Default Finally!

I pulled into a gas station off of Rte 128, exit 19, heading towards Boston...pulled right in behind a carbon copy of my own car....year model unknown. It was parked and running!! Who the heck does that these days?? Looked like a little old lady went out to get into her. Anyways, I finally have seen one, other than at the dealership for service.
2001 CVT #3313, 52k, LMPG 47.6 and rising!
MODs:
-Rostra C/C -Fumoto oil drain valve & hose -Upgraded trip switches -Kenwood Excelon KDC-X696, Infinity Reference 6032's
-Prototypist's Actuator upgrade
-Heated mirror upgrade -Frost Fighter Clear View defrost kit
Best Segment: 73.3mpg @ 75 miles
GasSipr37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #1318 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Saw a SILVER one parked in WalMart parking lot in Frederick, MD at 6pm.
*Joined the Stable of a Fellow Insighter*: Silver 2001 Insight 5spd - #0160
275+K miles
(Had some bruises, needed some stuff...but I still loved it.)

Citrus w/ A/C - #2083
270+K miles
(Still needs some stuff...but I already love it.)
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #1319 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I saw a red Insight at the ARCO station at St Mary's and I10 today... oh It was Willie in his little red rocket... He was on his way to Albuquerque to meet up with Mitch and Sam. We had phoned each other to meet there, so it wasn't by chance.

We talked for an hour or so, and then he got back on the road. We both had new BBB packs and my foot was on the floor, but he had his turbo... so he was out in front.
#1 - 2000 Silver #4965, not working now, 175k Miles, 61 LMPG - will probably turn into all Electric
#2 - 2000 Silver #4095, 212k Miles, 55 LMPG, OBDIIC&C by Peter, GCIM1 by Mike, New MaxIMA by Eli
www.TucsonEV.com
Tucson AZ
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #1320 (permalink)

Default Anthem Outlet Mall - Anthem, AZ

I finally saw another silver G1 at the Anthem Outlet Mall on Black Friday.

2000 MT Silver 70K

Last edited by kcarson; 12-01-2012 at 11:28 AM.
kcarson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.