I saw an Insight at..... - Page 136 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #1351 (permalink)

Default They've been coming out of the woodwork.

Last Tuesday on my way to look at an Insight for possible purchase in Baltimore, I saw a red one on Light street. I thought it might be the one I was supposed to look at. It wasn't though. So that's two in one night, although since I had directions that led me to the second, that shouldn't count.

Then on Saturday I was picked up at the airport in an Insight, taken to the sellers house where I saw two more Insights(one being the only blue one in the United States), and then got on the road in one of them. In the middle of nowhere PA on 83 I saw a red one heading north. So four that day, but I guess as many as three of those don't count.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen a citrus one in years.

In previous car-ownership lives we've met up and hung out. Like when I had a BMW 2002, we'd meet up annually in Virginia. Anything like that happen with Insights? I can imagine some being too opposed to unnecessary driving to do that, but hopefully not everyone.

Bill
weelliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #1352 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Yes. Welcome to the forum. See the last few pages of this thread:

Meeting of Mid-Atlantic Gen1 Insight Owners

Sounds like you are in the Mid-Atlantic region? Please post your state under location in "USER CP" tab if you don't mind.
Silver 2001 Insight 5spd - #0160 *Joined the Stable of a Fellow Insighter*: 275+K miles
(Had some bruises, needed some stuff...but I still loved it.)

Citrus w/ A/C 112K miles

Citrus w/ A/C - #2083
270K miles
FOR SALE http://www.insightcentral.net/forums...tml#post563914
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #1353 (permalink)

Thank you Freezin.

Yesterday on the way home in my Subaru I saw another Insight on the outer loop near NH Ave. It was white with VA tags. I wonder if they've always been there, but just never noticed them, or if the stars are aligning.
weelliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #1354 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default I saw an Insight at.....

This 50 degree afternoon ...2006 with very nice non standard wheels near university of Colorado at boulder.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Waynetc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #1355 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight for life View Post
*My wife pointed out another sighting of an insight in a movie! The movie "Mean Girls" with Lindsey Lohan. In The movie the Girl's(Lohan) Have a red insight first gen.
Those tires look like they're only at 20psi.
Launched: 8 Aug 2002
Acquired: 19 Dec 2011
Commissioned: 22 Dec 2011
Decommissioned: 15 May 2014
Struck: 24 July 2014
Fate: Parts car for 2000 Insight
RedJellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #1356 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default I saw an Insight at.....

Unreal ....59 degrees in boulder today and a 2000 citrus driving along baseline rd near 36 at 1pm....I'm really starting to like this town!
Waynetc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #1357 (permalink)

Get this: A two-fer! Leaving a friend's home to grab lunch, driving his Range Rover... at the corner of Lover's Lane and Hillcrest in Highland Park, Dallas... a red Insight heading west on Lover's Lane, AND a silver one southbound on Hillcrest, waiting on the light to turn green! My very, very lucky day. 11:50am today...
Old 02-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #1358 (permalink)

I pulled up to a stop light at the corner of Fortune Drive and Winchester Road in Lexington, Kentucky this morning about 7am. The only other car at the intersection was a Citrus Gen1. That's the first other Insight I've seen since I bought mine a month ago.
DominionSix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #1359 (permalink)

i actually saw a silver G1 last Thursday, 2/7/13, on Main rd (rt 555) in Vineland, NJ. He was turning into ACME/BK area behind Elwin. I tryed to find/share info but got stuck in traffic, G1 was gone by the time I got into the strip mall!
This is my first sighting in quite some time...we're out there!
tomg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #1360 (permalink)

On another TDY, this time to the Carolinas with the Jazz Band (Rhythm in Blue). We're staying in Charlotte for a few nights and across the road from our hotel is a nice silver one. Couldn't believe it! By the way, we got snow here today. It was short wearing weather yesterday and bun freezing weather today!
jrmgarcia@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.