I saw an Insight at..... - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I saw an Insight at.....

A thread for Insight spotters. From time to time we see Insights when we least expect them. I thought perhaps a thread full of only these encounters would be fun.. I'll start:

I saw an Insight in Fort Benton Montana Monday June 26th about 11 am. Folks, Fort Benton is a small, small town on the Missouri River. I was there to take a canoe trip down the river. I'm all ready to go when I see a silver Insight...WITH TEXAS PLATES. So I'm walking down the street in my PFD trying to catch the Insight, lol they read a little about Lewis and Clark and pulled away. Just about the last place I ever thought I would see an Insight.
2006 CVT Silver #352 LMPG 60.8, 38k miles
griller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

I've had my Insight for about 3 months now and finally saw another one on the road. I was driving north on NC Hwy 55 in my silver cvt and was thrilled to see a red Insight driving south. As we passed each other, I gave the other driver thumbs up, but I don't know if he or she saw me. It was raining rather hard. I just couldn't stop smiling.
2006 CVT #274 "Rita"
2007 Toyota Prius-Magnetic Gray- "Guinness"
My Parents-2006 Blue MT #102 "Nina"
2007 Toyota Prius-Seaside Pearl
kmiller7779 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

ok july 4th Gilbert Arizona
i was heading north on lindsey in my red 2000 insight and saw
another red insight waiting at the light heading east on guadalupe.
only other one i've seen in the last 3 weeks.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

A red insight in Irvine Spectrum Center Parking Lot in Irvine, CA. I wanted to leave a "nice car " note on the windshield but I thought it would be too stalker-ish.
cattygurl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Saw a silver Insight on my way home from work today around 4PM, heading north on Route 28 going towards Route 7 in Sterling, VA. I hit the horn as I passed and she waived. I've seen several in the area lately.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Two so far...

On our Best Road Trip In The World Ever So Far (1 month sabbatical for My Beloved and me), a red one near downtown in Portland three days ago, and a silver one in Seattle northbound on the 5 yesterday. We're not in our Insight this trip, we took the 'vert, but between Dallas and the northwest, NO Insightings...
Old 07-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Another one!

Oh! Oh! And a red one (looked brand new!) turned west on Northgate from the northbound 5 about an hour and a half ago, right behind us! Three in one trip, and we haven't even hit California yet!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've had a few In-sightings since I received my Insight in Dec. 2005.
1. My first sighting was a red or blue (can't remember) Insight in Camp Hill, Pa on the ramp to 581 east.
2. I spotted a silver one in Hershey, PA near the Hershey Medical Center.
3. I saw a silver one on Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg. PA.
4. I see a silver one 1-2 days a week traveling in the opposite direction on Rt 81 between Carlisle, PA and Hagerstown, MD.

It's funny, I took a vacation to Myrtle Beach and didn't see one Insight. But, here around home, I've spotted the 4 listed above.
jdpenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

I normally don't see many Insights, but lately I've been seeing a red one around Belle Meade, and the gentleman driving it always honks and waves.

This weekend I saw a different red one (with a white pinstripe) in Antioch, but instead of a friendly driver, he gave me a very mean look and took off!

It's normally such a delight!

Andrea
2001 Insight, 64.1 LMPG
2004 Prius, 42 mpg to 58 mpg
apierpoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default !!!!!!!!!

And another red one parked at Clallam Bay, WA! To really appreciate this sighting, Google it, it's not far from Neah Bay, the northwestern-most point in the USA lower 48, which we were on the way to visit two-three days ago. Could have knocked us over with a feather-type-reaction. Gone when we went back through two-three hours later. An Insight near the end of the world!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.