leather interior design thoughts? - Page 3 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

The zips did turn up at last so a few taster pics for you all. It still needs fitting up properly and some of the last grey plastic trim painting but you get the idea...

The car is now far quiter with all the bits in finally - with the sound proofing and foam in all the empty space. The leather adds a fair amount of mass also so the doors have a real firm feel to them when they close now. It's a far more luxurious ride now too.

I'm chuffed to bits and although expensive it was far cheaper than a new car which would still struggle to match the running costs of the insight.

So enough from me on this subject. Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S6002913.jpg (55.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg S6002910.jpg (92.2 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg S6002909.jpg (71.0 KB, 58 views)
mikeeech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #22 (permalink)

look good. Reminds me of a s2000 red interior.
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0018_large.jpg

but, I think it still needs a little bit more color matching. Because the grey bits are not going with the red at all. Perhaps paint any grey left to black?

Its really just the seatbelt, and seat grey parts.

Last edited by 02insight; 10-09-2011 at 11:31 AM.
02insight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #23 (permalink)

I know what you mean... the grey on the seat and handbrake etc will be painted red to match the brighter leather. I would like to replace the seatbelts with black. does anyone know if another honda with black belts will fit?
mikeeech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

That leather looks fantastic!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Why are there Irons bars in the ultra-light Insight?

>Does anyone know the purpose of the iron bars screwed to the roof panel over the sun visors? they seem to be adding weight for no real reason!

I didn't see an answer to this question. Does anyone know? I certainly wasn't expecting to see 2 such heavy lumps of metal (both together = 1.1 Kg / 2.4 lb) when I took the headliner.
pascal28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

mikeeech, I'm starting to redo the interior on my insight that I use for work and was hoping you could answer a question.

I was originally planning on acid dying a new OEM carpet for the driver/passenger area to make it black but after I saw how nice the black carpet looks in yours, I have to ask; where did you get it?

Who molded it and how nicely does it fit in comparison to the OEM carpet?

I strongly dislike the way that the OEM carpet fuzzes up into a lumpy mess. It doesn't do very well with resisting stains either. I'd like a plush black carpet since I am re-doing the interior in all black.

Thanks for any help.
element6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeech View Post

if anyone is interested (particularly in the uk) - he now has patterns for all the panels and could do the next one cheaper <:-<

Now I guess I need to tend to the hole in my bank balance and save for the alubeam respray!
hi mate I am interested redoing the 2 seats, can you ask for a quote since he has all the patterns thanks
Suntory1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeech View Post
Anyway Gibson trimming in southampton is the guy I will be dropping the headlining, A, B, and C post covers, and sun visors off to next week for the application of burgundy leather with red stitching.
He stated that company (Gibson Trimming) did the work on the last page of this thread. Might wanna try looking them up and give them a call if you need a quote.

I don't see how asking someone else to call on your behalf is necessary, unless you were trying to ask mikeeech how much he paid for a certain part of the job.

Found the same phone number for them every time I looked them up. GIBSON & BOYNE TRIMMING LTD, EASTLEIGH, 50, OAKMOUNT ROAD, CHANDLERS FORD
element6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by element6 View Post
He stated that company (Gibson Trimming) did the work on the last page of this thread. Might wanna try looking them up and give them a call if you need a quote.

I don't see how asking someone else to call on your behalf is necessary, unless you were trying to ask mikeeech how much he paid for a certain part of the job.

Found the same phone number for them every time I looked them up. GIBSON & BOYNE TRIMMING LTD, EASTLEIGH, 50, OAKMOUNT ROAD, CHANDLERS FORD

Hi I try to kind of found out what the price difference is since he got all the patterns compare to his job. I will email them anyway thanks for the link
Suntory1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.