Different Colors? - Page 2 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks for the input "citrus smoothie!" We have production numbers for totals for each year imported into the U.S. Do you have access to any for the U.K. or Japan?
chris22104 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lean Burn = Happiness

Now that I have a Citrus, my second choice would be white, championship white ideally . . .
Current score: Bought/Selling/Sold/Dismantled nine silvers, two blues, and a Citrus beauty to keep for myself.
jeff652 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've yet to see a blue one up here.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Please, more details Chris! I thought the pic looked like an auction lane. How many miles,? What year? etc...
*Joined the Stable of a Fellow Insighter*: Silver 2001 Insight 5spd - #0160
275+K miles
(Had some bruises, needed some stuff...but I still loved it.)

Citrus w/ A/C - #2083
270+K miles
(Still needs some stuff...but I already love it.)
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 04:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
and two dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris22104 View Post
Thanks for the input "citrus smoothie!" We have production numbers for totals for each year imported into the U.S. Do you have access to any for the U.K. or Japan?
We have UK data from the vehicle licencing authority (the DVLA) here:
How many left?

There are several data tables and some data quality issues - some Gen2 cars appear to have been included! Perhaps the most useful view is the number licenced 'on the road' in 2011, by year of registration:

2006 0
2005 4
2004 2
2003 3
2002 43
2001 93
2000 75
1999 2

As you can see, late cars with the revised interior are very rare, and 222 owners declared their cars on the road last year. Imports (usually from Japan) will be included. There are at least 14 more cars in storage.
Citrus 2000 MT UK spec 136k miles VIN#000032
Michelin Energy Saver plus (latest EU ratings), Noisy gearbox
Landscape Photography
UK_MJN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

I've never seen another in the flesh regardless of colour. They're pretty rare in the UK full stop.

I wonder which is most rare. My Insight, or the Baja.
Bugone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

I see more Ferraris than first gen Insights! Apart from our group meetings, I can't remember when I last saw one on the road.

Per, thanks for this link that is helpful. It helps confirm my belief that there were only two Insights sold in 2005 - my 55 plate and a silver 05 plate that I know exists - as on the main page for Tax/Sorn the numbers only go up 2 between both 2004/05 and 2005/06 (for the two periods it might cover).

Although the numbers fluctuate if you look at the engine size data there are only 6 Insight Gen 2's being added in the wrong place - the majority of the additional numbers must be the (Japanese) imports coming in - total numbers 227 in 2007 to 257 in 2009. I say this as there is only one 1999 Insight showing, when I know there are more '99 Insights around - so the figures on the Tax/Sorn page are showing the numbers registered at that point in time, not necessarily how many cars are around of that specific vintage.

2005 Insight, UK Spec Silver 5 speed with Grid Charger, IMA C&C, Alpine head unit & subwoofer & iPod link, Focal component speakers, Matiz rear springs, Shark Fin aerial, 165/70/14 Continental tyres, Garmin EcoRoute HD, sound deadened rear shelf, 'InsightCentral' number plates, 19" rear wiper, K&N filter
Previous owner of 1999 Japanese Silver 5sp, 2001 UK Citrus 5sp & 2000 Japanese Red CVT
Honda Insight - An extraordinary car for ordinary people
The Citrus Smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Default Very rare

I see one for sale last month with this color (blue aquamarine)in canada , québec, knowlton near my home .
I suppose no more than 100 in that color here in canada .

I never see another insight except mine insight.

Last edited by thekanuk; 11-14-2012 at 06:23 PM.
thekanuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

Thanks for the input guys! This car is a one owner car (2001,) with 79k miles on it. Originally from Canada, brought into the U.S. when it was only 6 months old (2002.) The first 6 mo it was registered with dealer plates in Qc. I believe the previous owner must have wanted that color enough to pay to bring it into the U.S. back then (with 4k dealer driven miles on it at the time.) It is very clean and was obviously garage kept. I'll post some more pics in the next few days! Has anyone brought a car down from Canada? How much does it cost? What are the fees incurred? How much red tape?

Last edited by chris22104; 11-14-2012 at 11:58 PM.
chris22104 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
and two dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Citrus Smoothie View Post
Although the numbers fluctuate if you look at the engine size data there are only 6 Insight Gen 2's being added in the wrong place - the majority of the additional numbers must be the (Japanese) imports coming in - total numbers 227 in 2007 to 257 in 2009. I say this as there is only one 1999 Insight showing, when I know there are more '99 Insights around - so the figures on the Tax/Sorn page are showing the numbers registered at that point in time, not necessarily how many cars are around of that specific vintage.
Hi Christian - that's pretty much how I read the data too. It also looks like an average of 1-2 cars disappear (most likely scrapped) each year. An amazingly low figure when compared to mass produced cars of that vintage (data available from the same source).

My car is a 1999 manufacture, but not registered until mid 2001 and Peter tells me that this is pretty common. I put a W plate on it but it wore a 51 when we bought it.

Neither Marian or I have ever seen one, except at the UK owners day last year and Peter's fleet. Not sure what I'll do when that eventually happens!!
Citrus 2000 MT UK spec 136k miles VIN#000032
Michelin Energy Saver plus (latest EU ratings), Noisy gearbox
Landscape Photography

Last edited by UK_MJN; 11-15-2012 at 04:34 AM.
UK_MJN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.