Different Colors? - Page 4 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #31 (permalink)

Seems to me that one of the problems owning one of these scarce and therefore collectible cars is that they have "excess" value which the insurance companies won't consider on coverge. I talked to my insurance agent who told me that collision was at the standard compensation scheme, since the cars are not recognized as having extra value. I think that there might be a specialty company where one can claim collectible value?
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #32 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

If I could find a white one to import I'd have it in a heartbeat regardless of mileage, I'd still keep the Black one though.
IMA C&C (to be fitted)
ODBII C&C

2000 New Formula Red G1 Insight
105,000 miles
Mark Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Elvin View Post
Really, is it that much of a rare colour?
After giving it some thought, I can only think of 3 Black Insights in the UK - as you know, I have been part of the Insight community since 2003 and have a reasonable knowledge of what is out there. I have seen a UK spec parked in Carshalton years ago, which may now be yours. I know AllFumbs on this Forum has a CVT Japanese import and there is also that eBay seller who regularly fails to draft a convincing advert that would attract a buyer...

I have never come across any other black Insights in the UK on the Forum or in person. Hope this helps!
2005 Insight, UK Spec Silver 5 speed with Grid Charger, IMA C&C, Alpine head unit & subwoofer & iPod link, Focal component speakers, Matiz rear springs, Shark Fin aerial, 165/70/14 Continental tyres, Garmin EcoRoute HD, sound deadened rear shelf, 'InsightCentral' number plates, 19" rear wiper, K&N filter
Previous owner of 1999 Japanese Silver 5sp, 2001 UK Citrus 5sp & 2000 Japanese Red CVT
Honda Insight - An extraordinary car for ordinary people
The Citrus Smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #34 (permalink)

Collector insurance can be had dirt cheap compared to any regular insurance company. And some have no limits on mileage either. Plus, you can insure the car for whatever value you want, and only pay so much per thousand of your determined value. I had my dodge viper gts insured for $55k when actual sales for similar cars was $45k, and my premium was $560/yr. Same with my son's loaded 86 Trans Am with 33k original miles at $79 for the whole year (valued by us at $7k.) And my 08 Tesla roadster ($85k insured value at $650/yr.) Some of these companies that offer such policies are Grundy Worldwide, Haggerty, J.C. Taylor, etc.... And with many collector insurance companies, the car doesn't have to be 25 years old or older (considered a classic) in order for them to insure it.... (some do.) Call around. One of our rarer first gen insights (citrus, auqa marine blue, or perhaps a super low mile insight,) valued at say $13,500, would only cost $125-$150 per year or so, for full coverage, unlimited mileage and $250 deductable.........I never put this coverage on my 88k mile citrus or this 79k mile auqa marine blue car, as I never put them on the road (just kept them in the garage under the covers as collector cars.....) but this estimate should be pretty close.....

Last edited by chris22104; 01-19-2013 at 01:03 AM.
chris22104 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #35 (permalink)

I heard they made a white one, but only in Japan.. D'oh!
fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.