What did you do to your G1 Insight today? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What did you do to your G1 Insight today?

I'm shamelessly copying this idea for the thread from another car forum.

Reading this thread may help other members (new or old) remember to do some simple but forgotten maintenance, or inspire them to accomplish that long desired mod, or simply learn something new about their Insight.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX

- Changed oil with Peak full synthetic oil.

- Changed cabin filter. It's helpful to clean leaf and other debris from the filter box with vacuum or air pressure.

- Replaced spark plugs. OF COURSE I had "A" plugs in there instead of the required "B" plugs. (Don't forget to use anti-seize compound on the new plug threads.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Insight T-Shirts 4Sale: PM Me.
CDN Aquamarine Blue 01 DD
Silver 01 5spd #0160 Sold to fellow Insight owner
Citrus #1159 Sold to Insight Fan
Red '00 A/C project SOLD to fellow Insighter friend
Citrus #2083
Sold to a fellow Insight owner.
Red '01 A/C parts car.
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Well, no maintenance stuff, but I drove to work with no inner passenger-side door panel. I had to take it out so I can do a speaker install, but I didn't get it finished up today. Who knows, might stay like that until the weekend!
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eli

Send a message via AIM to Eli Send a message via MSN to Eli

I got gas.

10.040g @ $3.219/gal

531.0mi
53.3mpg(FCD)
52.9mpg(calculated)
245,044mi

Home of the BeeMax performance IMA battery.

503-730-8786

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bumblebee Hybrid Fleet:
2000 MT Insight @ 250k; 2001 MT Insight @ 475k; 2001 MT Insight @ 160k; 2001 MT Insight @ 201k; 2003 MT HCH @ 160k; 2006 CVT HCH2 @ 205k; 2007 CVT FEH @ 210k; 2010 CVT Insight2 @ 191k; 2001 MT Insight @ 182k.
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Had my water pump, tensioner pulley, and serpentine belt replaced at 171,000 miles. No more wretched shrieking noise that made it sound like it was powered by an abused chimpanzee.

$531 was the bill. That's almost half the cost of the new head unit I want to upgrade to!
Blue 2003 5mt/AC #0214 - 218k miles, purchased April '04
-
  • Alpine double-din, DSP, 3 amplifiers/800 watts, 7 speakers, 2 AGM 12v batteries =
  • Fumoto, LED headlights/turn signals/DRLs, Nautilus horn, armrest, sharkfin antenna, Dashtopper, Hybrid Automotive charger, OBDIIC&C, KLR3CYL belly-pan, continuum transfunctioner. Rear: GAZ, Matiz springs, 25mm spacers
'00 Silver 5mt/AC #5026 (bought new) RIP
Gadget01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Which part created the noise?
531...............Did you call the cops, you got robbed.

Willie
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301K miles
Use: 393,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

I made a chart using the required / recommended maintenance from the OM, and IC experts' suggestions, listing by mileage (155k, 160k, etc) what I need to have done. Helpful reminder for a forgetful old guy.

btw: was wondering about wheel bearings, finding out in other threads they're sealed and require no maintenance

..Bob
, MIMA
'00 Citrus,,
, 176k, MIMA,

Go Navy, or don't go
Mountain driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain driver View Post
I made a chart using the required / recommended maintenance from the OM, and IC experts' suggestions, listing by mileage (155k, 160k, etc) what I need to have done.
..Bob
That may something nice to share with the rest of us forgetful people.

Insight T-Shirts 4Sale: PM Me.
CDN Aquamarine Blue 01 DD
Silver 01 5spd #0160 Sold to fellow Insight owner
Citrus #1159 Sold to Insight Fan
Red '00 A/C project SOLD to fellow Insighter friend
Citrus #2083
Sold to a fellow Insight owner.
Red '01 A/C parts car.
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Williford View Post
Which part created the noise?
531...............Did you call the cops, you got robbed.

Willie
It was probably the tensioner pulley, but I don't positively know. Yes, that bill hurt. Oh well... I only paid $5400 for the car and haven't had it a year yet. I'm doing 10 hours of interstate driving this weekend and did not need to be concerned about anything more than which albums to play.
Blue 2003 5mt/AC #0214 - 218k miles, purchased April '04
-
  • Alpine double-din, DSP, 3 amplifiers/800 watts, 7 speakers, 2 AGM 12v batteries =
  • Fumoto, LED headlights/turn signals/DRLs, Nautilus horn, armrest, sharkfin antenna, Dashtopper, Hybrid Automotive charger, OBDIIC&C, KLR3CYL belly-pan, continuum transfunctioner. Rear: GAZ, Matiz springs, 25mm spacers
'00 Silver 5mt/AC #5026 (bought new) RIP
Gadget01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget01 View Post
It was probably the tensioner pulley, but I don't positively know. Yes, that bill hurt. Oh well... I only paid $5400 for the car and haven't had it a year yet. I'm doing 10 hours of interstate driving this weekend and did not need to be concerned about anything more than which albums to play.
in my car on a cross country trip once i was going through no-man's land on the kilpatrick turnpike in Oklahoma in driving rain at night. It was from a hurricane actually. very bad. my dc-dc converter stopped working. it was not fun driving at night with the heater fan running (defrost), headlights on and wipers going, all from the puny 12v battery. i took it for about 40 miles until i could pull over. i found a gas station and stopped for a while. mercifully, the dc-dc came back on again and I made it the rest of the way to my destination. i don't really trust my car anymore.
Bad battery
Lots of engine malfunction codes
wet seatbelts, crappy stereo, lots of rattles
still runs, still driving
Thermactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

I stalled my engine while making a left turn, and another car hit me. He had 200 feet to respond, but instead he decided to hit me at full speed..... never braking.

No just kidding.

That's ALMOST what happened but I had enough time to restart the car. And yes the guy really did come at me full speed w/o ever braking or slowing. I don't understand why he would Not slow down when he saw my car stall right in front of him. (Maybe he's one of those aggresive/angry drivers and wanted to "punch" me... with his car.)

Last edited by theaveng; 12-13-2012 at 09:30 PM.
theaveng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Random Question