Honda Insight Forum banner

Hybrid ReVolt IMA Battery

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  JamesByrne 
#1 ·
Finally broke down and made the drive out to Arizona and picked up an IMA battery with the new cells from Matt at Hybrid ReVolt. Nice guy and seems to know his stuff. Installed the battery today, and it's like having a new car again. Getting plenty of assist using just a few bars, seems to recover almost instantly. No more P1449 codes, recals, IMA and engine check lights for me, hopefully. Time will tell...

#2 ·
Did you get the 8 amp hr batteries or just a rebuilt with old?

Also please update your signiture block with your location, don't know where you drove from to get it?

#4 ·
My battery keeps coding so I'll probably be giving Matt a call here in the next month or so. It is an easy drive for me though, just across town.

#5 ·
Finally broke down and made the drive out to Arizona and picked up an IMA battery
Wow that's nice and close. Maybe if my car goes past 150,000 and Honda still hasn't given me a replacement, I'll check them out. Do they install the battery for the customer?

#8 · (Edited)
Battery replacement is a Piece of Cake

I just purchased and installed a battery from Hybrid Revolt. Matt happened to be coming to Connecticut from Arizona so he dropped off the battery at my house and picked up the old core. Now that's service!

I took me about 4 hours to replace the battery. 90% of the work was just unscrewing bolts than hold the cover and safety bar on. I must have unscrewed 50 bolts. That battery sure is secure!

I used the procedure below:
Honda Insight (2000-2006) - Battery Replacement

I've driven with my new battery around the hills of northeastern CT for a few days now. It's great to have a new battery again that hold a charge. It's like driving a new car. When my old battery ran out, the car performance went to the dogs.

Now that I know how easy it is to swap out my battery, I'll be doing this again when the battery wears out. I won't procrastinate again like I did with the original battery. I put 275,000 miles on it. I should have replaced the battery 100,000 miles ago.

Thanks to Matt from Hybrid Revolt for providing such a great service!

#9 ·
Glad you got the new battery in, so nice having it working correctly! So based on your mileage report back here once your over 500K miles and let us know how that battery did! :)

#10 ·
Followup Post

Quick update.... My insight now has 297,000 miles. The computer took a couple of thousand miles to get the charge/discharge cycle nailed down. The battery is working great! I don't run out of charge anymore. My insight is working like brand new.

I highly recommend this battery from Hybrid Revolt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.