Honda Insight Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The NEW Insight Junkyard: Introducing Halo Select Auto Parts

38K views 85 replies 45 participants last post by  retepsnikrep 
#1 ·
Introducing Halo Select Auto Parts!

We are here to supply YOU a fresh stream of used parts for YOUR G1 Honda Insight.

The Insight was molded by Honda to foreshadow future cars to come. It was a flagship of its brand. It was a showcase of technology to the world. It was an embodiment of energy efficiency. IT WAS A HALO CAR!

Fast forward 13 years. Surely the technology introduced by each of our beloved Insights has been passed down—and improved upon—by auto makers with every year that has passed since then… right?

Planet Earth has not been so lucky. The ground breaking engineering carved into the G1 Insight has not been improved upon. No. It’s the opposite: we are spiraling backwards into the future.

We, as Insight owners, have a DUTY, a RESPONSIBILLITY: it is in our hands to remind the world what fuel efficiency in automobiles can really be.

In the pursuit of keeping the Insight alive, Halo Select has quietly saved 9 non-repairable G1 Insights from the clutches of soulless, dream-crushing, history-erasing scrap yards. Not a single part from these specially selected 9 Insights has been removed. Starting today every last usable part is AVAILABLE FOR SALE NOW!

That’s just the beginning. Here at Halo Select, EVERY WEEK we’ll be offering yet ANOTHER freshly-salvaged parts car for your picking!

You can find us on eBay and right here, on Insight Central!

Together let’s keep the Insight legend alive!

Respectfully,
Scot, Bruno, Khan & the rest of the Halo Select crew.

mk@haloselectautoparts.com
bs@haloselectautoparts.com
sp@haloselectautoparts.com

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello Peter,

Yes, of course: we ship internationally to all countries.

All parts under 70 lbs are especially easy and affordable to ship overseas. USPS Priority Mail has the lowest rates for international shipping to almost all countries, excluding only select countries in Europe like the UK, which have even more affordable shipping options available. Small parts certainly apply here.

What parts were you looking for Peter? Feel free to respond here in this thread or pm us at your convenience. We'll be able to provide close up pictures of the parts you request from there.

Bruno

#4 ·
I'm interested in a lt door glass, un-damaged without scratches and a left window regulator. Please let me know what you would like for the two parts.

Thanks,
Scott

#5 · (Edited)
How much for a pair of fenders? How much for a bumper support beam? Where in Ohio can we find you?

#6 ·
RedJellyBean & KLR3CYL,

Thanks for the part requests.

I have sent private messages to both of you with part details & pricing.

With 9 Insight parts cars available as of our grand opening AND even more wrecked Insights (possibly as much as 3 more!) coming this week alone, we obviously have all of these parts available to satisfy both of your part requests.

RedJellyBean: please make sure to reply to my private message with the color of fenders you need.

Thanks guys,
Bruno

Halo Select Auto Parts

#7 · (Edited)
Thank you! I don't need anything now, but I have a friend who just bought one that wants to know of a spare parts source.

BTW, I haven't seen anything of Flamboyant lately, and think they were also from Ohio. Just curious if you may get a hold of his stock of cars?

Tim

P.S. What is wrong with the blue one?

#12 ·
BTW, I haven't seen anything of Flamboyant lately, and think they were also from Ohio. Just curious if you may get a hold of his stock of cars?
Brent didn't have a stock of cars. He completely dismantled the cars and racked the parts so that he could cut up the chassis and sell them for scrap. He bragged that he could get three insights into one chevy van.

#8 ·
Right front strake?

Hi,
Do you have a right side front strake?
TNX

#9 ·
man i could REALLY use a red hood!

:D

j/k

glad to have another parts source! my Insight is in pretty good condition, so i hope to not take advantage of this resource anytime soon; but i'll for sure check back should the need arise !

#16 ·
Let me know about a real good manual trans with no synchro grind issues and no leaks, if you come across one (as discussed a week or 2 ago.) Thanks again guys! You're a true asset to the insight community! Great availability and very reasonable prices! Highly recommended everyone! Chris from Buffalo

#17 ·
Hello guys,

On behalf of Halo Select Auto Parts I would like to say thank you for all of the part requests we have received since our grand opening only 1 week ago. Nearly 25 orders have been placed and shipped off. Another dozen part requests are in the process of being filled.

We appreciate the warm welcoming we have been greeted with here on Insight Central. But within this appreciation, I personally feel a little bit of guilt.

Khan and I made an agreement to reveal very little of the history behind our business until a specific date. But now that we are here, I feel our evasiveness this past week has been unfair to the community. It is only fair we give you guys the opportunity to understand, completely, who and what is behind Halo Select Auto Parts.

Regrettably, we mapped out a specific course forward months ago. It is too late to re-route. But I have decided to break course and leak one big secret:

Halo Select Auto Parts is advancing to full sponsorship. When our own forum here on Insight Central opens its doors to the public, every last detail of our company will be released. Please bare with us until then.

Thank you Insight'ers!

Bruno
Halo Select Auto Parts

#20 ·
Khan and I made an agreement to reveal very little of the history behind our business until a specific date. But now that we are here, I feel our evasiveness this past week has been unfair to the community. It is only fair we give you guys the opportunity to understand, completely, who and what is behind Halo Select Auto Parts.
A mystery eh!

Is this you Sucre? Given up on the Chinese batteries, and you're now selling parts? :p

#19 ·
I'm looking for a rear wheel skirt screw. The tire shop was nice enough to put the panels back on and not fully engage one of them... Right now its held on with a zip tie.

#28 ·
Received my parts today, thank you for the service.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.