High Mileage and best MPG doc - Page 3 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

I added my MPG data for one of 3 cars. I also took the liberty of adding a "conditions" column since this is one of the major factors in MPG performance. You may delete the column if you like

Nice spreadsheet!
-----------------------------------------------
On second thought, I deleted that column. Really isn't right to mess with other folks spreadsheets. The "owner" may add or ignore the suggestion.

Last edited by jime; 11-15-2013 at 11:57 AM.
jime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jime View Post
I added my MPG data for one of 3 cars. I also took the liberty of adding a "conditions" column since this is one of the major factors in MPG performance. You may delete the column if you like

Nice spreadsheet!
-----------------------------------------------
On second thought, I deleted that column. Really isn't right to mess with other folks spreadsheets. The "owner" may add or ignore the suggestion.
Hey jime,

I didn't see your column added on the spreadsheet? I'm fine with if it adds value!
gilbertguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #23 (permalink)

Default 82.4mpg best tank at 1004 miles

Just added my best tank to the spreadsheet. It looks like the numbers don't add up but the last few tanks I've been able to top off to as much as 12.8 gallons. Must have the tank vent solenoid stuck open when refuelling or something.
I thought it strange the 1st time it happend and even looked underneath expecting to find a couple of gallons of fuel on the ground but it all went in somewhere and showed up with increased distance before coming off full and overall range.
I have also noticed increased MPGs after filling up a few times as the EVAP system was purging the vapours which will drop the inj. pulse. It only lasts a few miles though.
MLN63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

And I have officially joined the 300K club!
300K | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

We still have no entries in the 500-600K club on the spread sheet, I know of at least 2-3 people from previous high milage posts that could put their names in there! Would love to see some entries in the 500K club on the spread sheet!
Old 01-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertguy View Post
We still have no entries in the 500-600K club on the spread sheet, I know of at least 2-3 people from previous high milage posts that could put their names in there! Would love to see some entries in the 500K club on the spread sheet!
I'll add mine in the next day or so, I want to make sure I've got my facts straight.

Currently at 519,6xx (I remember looking at the number this morning and thinking that it didn't have far to go to hit 520K).
DimensionDude is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #27 (permalink)

Great job. I retired this summer with 383,000. My wife is killing me and my time with honey Do jobs to get back to updating my needed battery work.!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
soon to have
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MiMA/ grid charger/OB Guage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(too dumb & scared to install the GREAT stuff??

Eric installed in Madison!

339,000miles
hot coolant
-cracked head, replace radiator cap_ NAPA sent to Canada- works great!
use OEM tires,.0w20 Mobile One,civic oil filter,and 87 octane
What a love affair

387,600 miles --time to retire!!!!!
NorthwestIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #28 (permalink)

Dimension Dude and Northwest IL, looking forward to seeing both of you add your information to the spread sheet! I love seeing the high mileage cars, thought we'd have more then what is on the spreadsheet but glad to see the 100-300 range filling in nicely!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertguy View Post
Dimension Dude and Northwest IL, looking forward to seeing both of you add your information to the spread sheet! I love seeing the high mileage cars, thought we'd have more then what is on the spreadsheet but glad to see the 100-300 range filling in nicely!
Pretty sure Eli has one right at 500k. Send him a PM and twist his arm a bit
Old 01-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wrast Send a message via Yahoo to wrast Send a message via Skype™ to wrast

Added myself.

Probably get more entries if people linked to this spreadsheet in their signatures. I bet a lot of people just don't know it exists.

Just added it to mine!

Add yourself to the
!

Last edited by wrast; 01-04-2014 at 12:19 PM.
wrast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Random Question