Honda Extended Warranties? - Page 2 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

I got the extended warranty on my '03 Accord (now it's over 100k and out of warranty) and my new '07 Odyssey. I shopped around online, and was able to find a policy for about 50% off of what Honda quoted, brought it in to them, and they gave me it for the same price. If you bring the numbers in from the non-Honda policy, I'm almost positive they will give you the Honda policy for that price or a few dollars more. If they don't give you the warranty for reduced price don't buy it. The majority of time, people don't end up using it, but I figure it's there if you need it. I ended up using it on my '03 Accord and it saved me a lot of money, so I do think it's good to have it (only at a reduced cost)!
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawncav View Post
I am having probs with the transmission right now.
How many times did you have the CVT fluid changed prior to noticing transmission problems? Curious.

Like you, we put about 30k miles on our Insight per year.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

egads, i'm looking for information on the ima warranty. the honda care warranty, the ima-warranty... i heard it had been extended to 250k miles on the first year vehicles. . . is this totally bogus? cause i'm still only at 120k and it's finally took the long trickle charge. metaphorically. i haven't actually tried that. help please!
thanks in advance.
chrislaskey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 03:14 AM   #14 (permalink)

Well, there's this thread:

battery warranty question

That explains the IMA warranty on the second gen Insights.

There has been confusion because some folks read the battery warranty that covers the under the hood battery and think it's only three years and then prorated. That is how that battery is covered. The pack in back is part of the IMA system and is covered under emissions warranties.
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Default extend warranty

I (usually) always say no to extended warranties on a new car, especially a Honda.

With Honda, their extend warranty includeds much more than just default equipment. I get a new car every 2 or so years, so since 2006, I have purchased 3 cars at the same dealership. Each time, they offer the warranty with something additional; GAP insurance, LoJack, or whatever else, and they usually start around $30/month on top of what you haggled with your salesman for the past 6 hours.

I purchased it for the first car, denied it for the second, and with the Insight, wanted it, but didn't want to pay the extra. I haggled down to $2/month because it is a Hybrid. This covers everything, all the way down to wiper blades. The finance guy pulled up my service records, and on the first car, the warranty covered $1400 worth of whatever in 2 years, that was for a Civic.

I say go for it if you can stand your ground, and get them to a super low price. The warranty I got was 10 year/100k mile. I know that you can cancel them anytime if there is a problem.
Trust2400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

i got the bumper to bumper 10yr/100,000 mile warranty
they made me get it

it was my first time buying a car at a dealer
learned from my experiences

wont let that happen to me again
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.