Originally Posted by Diana
...One thing I noticed is the Auto Stop behavior...
There are several situations where the autostop will not kick in or will restart the engine while the break pedal is still engaged. I assume you have the Eco mode activated.
Not kick in:
- engine coolant temperature too low;
- transmission coolant temperature too low;
- transmission in S or L;
- on a slope;
- front window heating is on;
- more than four bars on the blower speed indicator
- low IMA charge.
- IMA charge getting too low;
- engine coolant temperature getting too low;
- fiddling with the break pedal;
- activating the front window heating;
- climate control starts dehumidifying
Hope this helps.
Btw, my previous car was a HCH and I must conclude that de Civic's autostop system was better than the Insight's.