Cheap '10 w/nav or '12 EX w/out? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cheap '10 w/nav or '12 EX w/out?

I posted this in another thread but I'm afraid it got buried...

There's a black 2010 EX w/NAV, 31K miles for $15k near my home at a lexus dealer (just dropped $1k in price) and a new '12 EX w/out NAV for $22755,
Polished metal metallic. I realize that the '12 is more refined, but is it worth $8k more? Note: the '12 has been on the lot for a while and the salesperson offered to 'work some deals'. Wuddya think??
proneizm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

The main "improvement with '12 is the better NAV unit (I think it includes traffic) One other '12 improvement is that one gets bluetooth with just an EX. The 2010 ones you had to get NAV for bluetooth. I'd say the '10 sounds like a deal, but financing might be better on a new car (especially if one can get the Honda finance .9 deal.
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Agreed. My '10 with nav has been great but for low to no-interest financing you could get a brand new I2, do that. There are plenty of aftermarket Navs that can be fitted in the dash. The OEM nav is nice but definitely not what I would consider a deciding factor as there are plenty of aftermarket units just as good or better. Plus, OEM nav discs are expensive, usually $180 to upgrade. I got a deal on mine for $110 IIRC from an offer they sent me, still too expensive.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

My wife and I had a similar discussion before we bought out 2010 EX with Nav about 6 months ago. We liked the 2012's but couldn't justify the large price jump. We had a used car loan already set up for 5 years at 1.49% and convinced the Toyota dealer who had the car to toss a leather with heated seats upgrade in with the purchase price and we came out to 16K. There are lots of aftermarket double din gps units that you could toss into the 2012 if you go that route. Although they are kinda expensive, one guy on the forum added one with a backup camera and it looked really slick. Good luck either way you go, but to me 30K isn't worth an extra 8 grand and then tossing another grand into a radio upgrade.
DO_Fly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.