My suzuki sidekick ljx - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Off-Topic > Honda Insight Lounge

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My suzuki sidekick ljx

Yup, here is my gas guzzler you hear me reference from time to time. Ill throw in a video on the radio too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to drag up a 3 month old thread, but wow thats a nice LJX. I owned a Suzuki SX4 that I had tuned as a super street car, and I know a lot of SX4 guys have gone the other direction and lifted it and made it a capable off road car. A few members on my SX4 forum have LJX, Vitaras, Sidekicks, and Trackers, really great cars. Yours looks great, have you done a lot of work with it?
punksmurph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Basically its been underserviced. I am gettting it up to date, shaking it down. Did all the tune up stuff, changed all the fluids. Replaced all the speakers and radio. Went up 3 tire sizes. Lowered with HR lowering springs. Replaced shocks. Installed hitch. Removed roof rack, spare tire, spare tire carrier, blocked upper grill. Painted front skid plate black. Painted brake partrs black. Upgraded to ceramic brake parts. Changed brake fluid. Tinted wiondows.

Up next is 1.5 inch wheel spacers, possible 1 inch body lift, tri header and 2 inch exhaust, upgraded front nad rear sway bars, possible egr delete unless header does this. May grid dizzy to allow more advance. Replaced cam gear with a 5 degree advanced one from 3 tech. May send head to 3 tech to get ported, polished, bigger valves ans a performance cam.

Think I fixed the rke, but I dont use it. Fixed the ac/heater as it was full of yard waste. Fixed cruse control as it was out of adjustment. Tightened front sway bar ends and upgraded to urthene bushings.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nice, sounds like you have a real plan for it.
punksmurph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nearing complation, nice ride after a test drive today. Just waiting for my bonus.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.