2013 Mid-Atlantic Meet - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Hybrid Socials and Events

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

View Poll Results: 2013 Mid-Atlantic Meet Preferences
I want one day in Frederick(Gambrill SP) only 3 27.27%
I want two days, Sat. Frederick, Sun. Carlisle Car show 5 45.45%
I want Carlisle Car Show only on Saturday 1 9.09%
Another option as indicated below 0 0%
I will not likely be able to attend 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Mid-Atlantic Meet

As has been indicated in a separate thread, the 2013 Mid-Atlantic Insight Meet is scheduled for 18 May. Currently, we have a reserved pavillion at Gambrill State Park near Frederick, MD - same as last year. The agenda for this event is still under discussion. It is the objective of this thread to provide a poll where those likely to attend are invited to vote their preferences. I also provide one choice which indicates that you will likely not be able to attend.

This is a bit unscientific, but I am speaking primarily to those Insight owners who are on the on the Mid-Atlantic Insight e-Mail list. If you do not receive and e-mail in the next day or so urging you to vote, then you are not currently on the list. If you would like to be on the e-mail list then send me a PM with your e-mail address and your general location. Unfortunately, after some experience, it seems that the IC forum does not work very effectively in organizing and counting attendance.

Note that the organizers do not plan to arrange motel reservations or to collect for admission to the Carlistle Car show. If the Carlisle car show is an option, we will organize a meeting place in Frederick so that the attendees can travel as a group rally.

So, there you are! Vote your preferences and the organizers will take it from there

Last edited by jime; 01-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.
jime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default 2013 Mid-Atlantic Meet

I am find with meeting in MD on the 18. Id like some chicken dogs and MGD.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

It goes without saying of course that we are basically trying to determine how many folks want to go to the car show on Sunday
Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

It appears we no longer need to solicit or vote for a cook though. Thanks Cobb!
Silver 2001 Insight 5spd - #0160 *Joined the Stable of a Fellow Insighter*: 275+K miles
(Had some bruises, needed some stuff...but I still loved it.)

Citrus w/ A/C 112K miles

Citrus w/ A/C - #2083
270K miles
Sold to a fellow Insight owner.
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

greeting you wonderful organizers!

I promise to send money to aid in getting food and other needful things.

I might decide to go to the pa car show some other year.
for now, seeing that more than three 2000 insights will be enough thrill for me.
and I'll try to bragging rights on the econo-loop.
or just eat and grin!

victor
bibendum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezin4 View Post
It appears we no longer need to solicit or vote for a cook though. Thanks Cobb!
Yeah, I think the cookout is a pretty solid part of Saturday. I'm beginning to see a way through this so that everyone can be happy, but lets just give it a bit of time to let everyone express themselves and perhaps suggest new things to do.

I think Saturday in Gambrill State Park is pretty solid. I count all six votes for that. If the Sunday car show gets enough votes, then I'll just arrange a starting place for the rally, or Pete can.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

It's shaping up nicely. Keep those votes coming
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default waaaaaaa!!!!

Well guys, it kills me to say it, but it looks like I'll be in Western, NC/Greenville, SC during the time of the meet up. Know that the Insight, Jenn, Sandy and I will be there in spirit!!!

We'll have to get together at some point around Richmond soon... maybe I'll even try to scope a spot on my side of town

Oh! By the way, finally did my first grid charge with the cigar box dumb charger. It took a little over 24 hours to fully stabilize. Anyway... more about that on a different thread. Just had to let my buddies know who had seen it "almost finished!"

You all have a great time and take some good pics!
Currently 133K miles, LMPG-59.9
jrmgarcia@yahoo.com is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default no vote for me

I dont' have a preference in the voting. I am not even totally sure I will be able to attend, but hope to. So record me as likely being there for one of the days, but not sure which one. I'd lean towards the state park day though.
weelliott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

IT'S ON! The Mid-Atlantic Honda Hybrid Meet is scheduled for May 20-21 at Gambrill State Park, Frederick, MD. We have a shelter reserved, so it is on rain or shine. Freezin4 and I were doing some of the planning last night by phone. Everything seems in order with a few surprises in store this time.

You will notice that we have chosen a new name to highlight the fact that we want to expand the interest group to ALL Honda hybrids. Several of us have friends with Insight Gen2's, Civics and perhaps others. Many of the issues and problems are common and we welcome the expansion. If you have a Honda hybrid - please come. We are making a special effort to reach out, so if you know others who might be interested then please contact them.

The cost this year will only be $20 via paypal or check to reserve your spot. This notice will also be e-mailed to those on the Mid-Atlantic Insight list and you will get my paypal address from that message. If you have a Gen 2, or a Civic, you are not likely yet on that list, so just send me a PM or indicate your interest and I'll send you a PM. (I do try to protect the e-mail list from compromise.)

Please see the special planning thread in the "Socials and Events" section of the IC Forum page, near the bottom. we intend to keep most of the planning information and discussion there.

See you in Maryland in the Spring
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.