Insight Horn Replacement Options? - Page 2 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Discussions

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

Before with Insight Horn.

2012-05-01_16-36-48_972.mp4 video by firsthonda1 - Photobucket

After with Accord Low Horn.

http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/...-01-41_473.mp4

Insight Horn right and Accord Horn left

20 bucks well spent. Took about 15 minutes.
2010 EX with Zenex 35W HID Ballasts with Retrofit Source 4,300K Bulbs; with relay harness. Honda Splash Guards. Honda Vent Visors. Honda Rear Bumper Applique. Honda All Weather Floor Mats and Cargo Tray. Honda Leather Steering Wheel Cover. Yokohama Avid Touring S 195 60 15 Tires. Insulated doors for road noise with Quick Roof. kjanracings window rattle fix. Honda Accord Low Horn Upgrade.

Last edited by firsthonda; 05-02-2012 at 12:09 AM.
firsthonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

That's the one I installed a couple years ago. I don't think it's any louder (decibels), but the tone is beefier and less ... scooter-like

I think I posted it before, but here is a clear how-to video from College Hills Honda in case anyone else wants to do this easy upgrade:

DIYHonda.com Video Podcasts: Episode #163 - 2nd Generation Honda Insight Horn Upgrade

The part number from your local dealer, or online is: 38100-STK-A02

Last edited by RahTX; 05-02-2012 at 02:09 PM.
RahTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahTX View Post
That's the one I installed a couple years ago. I don't think it's any louder (decibels), but the tone is beefier and less ... scooter-like

I think I posted it before, but here is a clear how-to video from College Hills Honda in case anyone else wants to do this easy upgrade:

DIYHonda.com Video Podcasts: Episode #163 - 2nd Generation Honda Insight Horn Upgrade

The part number from your local dealer, or online is: 38100-STK-A02
It isn't louder. As a matter of fact, it's 2 db quieter. The Insight Horn is 110 db and the Accord Low is 108 db. Like you said it's beefier.
2010 EX with Zenex 35W HID Ballasts with Retrofit Source 4,300K Bulbs; with relay harness. Honda Splash Guards. Honda Vent Visors. Honda Rear Bumper Applique. Honda All Weather Floor Mats and Cargo Tray. Honda Leather Steering Wheel Cover. Yokohama Avid Touring S 195 60 15 Tires. Insulated doors for road noise with Quick Roof. kjanracings window rattle fix. Honda Accord Low Horn Upgrade.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Take a driving course by AAA, it will add a few positive points to your DL. It will also tell you how important it is to pay attention to the road, drivers and steer around your obstacles vs blowing at them.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app
Old 05-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Take a driving course by AAA, it will add a few positive points to your DL. It will also tell you how important it is to pay attention to the road, drivers and steer around your obstacles vs blowing at them.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app
I don't honk at other drivers for the sake of honking. I do it to alert them in an attempt to avoid an accident. I also practice defensive driving.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

I didn't add a better horn to my GI, but I did wire a button in my "car alarm" to activate it and that really gets their attention.

I'm like firsthonda, practice defensive driving and you can see an accident before it happens, and survive.
HTH
Willie
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301K miles
Use: 343K mi. @ 58.0 LMPG

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums...d-insight.html
http://www.seattleeva.org/wiki/User:...ies_Red_Rocket
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/.../message/12630
Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

I do agree with being a good defensive driver. I still have my first car now for about 8 years which now just sits around since i use the insight day in day out.

But i've never had a single accident and believe me i've had a couple close calls.

Paying attention and having a quick ability to react will save you a lot of money.

That being said my friend has installed a pair of sickspeed horns which are extrememly loud and deafening. After being cut off a couple time and being too embarressed to honk at them to let them know they're assholes i decided to install them onto my car.

Hopefully get around to it this week.

maximrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #18 (permalink)

Default I think I may want to install one of these in my Insight..

LMFAO

Old 11-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

I ordered my Accord Low Horn through Honda directly, picked it up at my local dealer. The total came out to be $14.21 after CA tax. Good deal and a great upgrade! The stock Insight horn is really pathetic. The high pitch is annoying too. The horn is used a lot actually, not just on the road, because when you arm the keyless entry twice, the horn will alert to let you know that you locked the car.

You can order one at Honda and Acura online store: One stop shop for Genuine Parts and Accessories
doraemom6688 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

"Arming the keyless entry twice" and having the horn sound does nothing but annoy the neighbors. It's just as armed with one click. That feature is for parking lots when you are away from the car and need to assure yourself that you really locked it. Honking every time is just rude.
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.