New MIMA Thread - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Issues

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New MIMA Thread

As of 12/2/2007, we are re-opening MIMA discussion in this dedicated thread. Please refer to the last post in this thread for further details.

We ask that all participants follow the Forum Rules when posting at InsightCentral.net. In particular, any discussion on how to bypass the manufacturer's warranty is strictly prohibited. (Please read the rules!)

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default MIMA discussions

I want to thank the Insight Central crew for their change of position on MIMA discussions.
A recent poll of MIMA drivers has tallied a total of 476K Miles with MIMA with with only 27 cars of the 56 MIMA owners reporting to date, and no evidence of any MIMA related problems.

I would say that the real world results are no longer speculation.

While having a dedicated thread for MIMA specific discussions is appreciated, I suspect that since MIMA can effect so many aspects of the car that many threads on other subjects like SOC management, battery equalization, MPG improvements will get the occasional MIMA drivers point of view, and hope that this will continue to be ok with the moderators?

Of course we will want to specifically respect the rule about not discussing any aspects of bypassing the manufacturer's warranty.
Mike Dabrowski 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default MIMA waiting list and MIMA video

The MIMA waiting list and list of owners will be keep up to date here.
http://www.99mpg.com/mima/people/
Once the waiting list has 10 people on it, I will build another batch. We now have three places where you can have a system installed if you do not feel up to the task, San Fransisco CA, Grand Rapids MI, and here in CT.

If you want to see what is involved in the install, see how to calibrate/operate the system, and see how the PIMA mode can bump the MPG to over 100MPG, feel free to just give me a call or e-mail, and I will send a copy of the video to you.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm glad to hear MIMA is back on this forum. I am anticipating some great discussions.
atlaw4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

If this post is not proper for this discussion - please delete it.

I will be installing MIMA in my 2000 Insight when the weather gets warmer, most likely it will happen in April. I'm in Northeast Ohio. If anyone wants to hang around, help out whatever, especially if you've done the mimafication already let me know. As far as I know, until Mike has the additional committments needed to create the next set of boards and components, this may be the last MIMA install for a while globally.

As for the warranty - my pack was replaced 10-06 with everything else. I no longer qualify for any warranty parts. In this case, with this car, I have no concern about warranty issues.

Also I'm looking into interesting ways to mount the joysticks that have not been done before - stay tuned.

cheers,
Wayne
Waynetc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have one joystick on the gearshift and one on the e-brake. I use the second when I want to avoid loading the gearshift. The first one is especially handy when I want to FAS as I shift into neutral. Mike persuaded me to use both, and I agree with him on this.
red1dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynetc
Also I'm looking into interesting ways to mount the joysticks that have not been done before
As a minimalist, I chose not to mount my joysticks at all. I have only one plugged in and it's hanging loose on the cable (resting over the center console when not in use. When in use I'm holding it in my right hand. The cable is long enough that I can still shift and steer a bit, when larger maneuvers are required I just drop it in my lap and pick it up again when things quiet down...
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

then I know you will really like my plan Armin...
Waynetc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2008, 06:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Reece

Mike,

Congratulations on the new batch of MIMA systems. With my travel lately I haven't put many miles on the Insight but hope to get back to it soon. Looks like I may shift to working in FL by 2010 in which case I would be back to a 1000 mile a week commute. Have fun, Rick
Rick 00 #4738 (5sp) Lmpg 91.1 @ 195K miles
Rick Reece is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hi Rick,
Happy to hear that you are back and still driving your Insight, MIMA # 001

The total Miles with MIMA is 503K with 28 out of 56 cars reporting.
That is nearly 21 times around the earth.
I wonder if all the cars reported if we are over 1 million MIMA miles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.