I tried the following today.
+40% current mod in the G1 using 680R resistors on the 4 MCM current sensors and a 150R resistor in parallel to the BCM current sensor. Giving an effective 60R resistance for the BCM sense resistor compared to 100R for stock.
Disable IGBT Short circuit flag by cutting connector inside MCM and tying MCM FSC input to +5v
No IMA errors. (Good for testing)
No IMA start when ign turned on. Motor pulsing and buzzing clearly going into IGBT short circuit shutdown when trying to IMA start (square wave drive?). (I expected this after the HCH1 testing.)
Motor would start using IMAC&C gradual assist current feed & probably sine wave drive.
Assist very aggressive and more powerful as expected.
No detectable over current shutdown when IMA motor actually running and full current applied.
IGBT squealing like a stuck pig!
Regen ditto but more unreliable and cutting back. Possibly due to overcurrent.
Upto +30% Current is reliable for day to day use in my car for start/assist/regen etc and I have put those modules back in for now. Using 1k and 220R resistors. I have been using this for a couple of years now. (Also works in the HCH1 with some caveats)
+40% Current and above good fun but needs further work and a special High Current change over mode relay pcb. So sensors run at standard or +30% current normally but switch to +40% or higher current when full assist/WOT demanded. Switch back to +30% or standard when throttle released or not WOT.
I think I'll knock up a pcb with 5 little 5v SPCO signal change over relays for further experimenting.
I'll also add a bright led driven by the FSC line to monitor overcurrent events in real time when testing.