UK BetterBattery Upgrade Thread - Page 6 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Issues

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #51 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

That's great news Peter, Thanks
Mark Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #52 (permalink)

Thankyou for that Peter . As you may well remember mine was the first pack you fitted for a customer and throughout this time it has be perfect . No issues whatsoever.

As for IMA c&c fitting ,sorry about not replying sooner , My back is good now thanks but am off shortly on a 4 k. mile tour around central europe in the Insight so I will be in touch on my return.

Ian
ozzies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #53 (permalink)

Just to add my thanks for the warranty extension. My BB is still working well-no recals or any other problems. I cannot give an accurate assessment of the effect on MPG due to a change in my driving habits .
bluesunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #54 (permalink)

Default A worthy trip indeed.

Back home after a very informative and necessary IMA battery replacement. Excellent service - beyond the call of duty, and all the better for getting personally involved - nothing like hands on experience to aid the learning experience.

Difficult to predict how much better the Insight performed on the way back as I was enjoying the assist that has been lacking so much in the past few months, but I still managed an average of 85 mpg for the 175 mile journey.

The Lithium Insight is certainly a revelation and all the gizmos give plenty of food for thought for future updates.

My thanks to Peter for ensuring we keep the Insight alive and kicking.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #55 (permalink)

20 months and about 6000 miles with the BB and I have just had my first negative recal. This happened during a period of low usage and the times the car was being used were numerous very short trips (less than 2 miles and about half of that up a very steep hill). The battery recharged on a 12 mile motorway trip with a small positive recal at the end jumping from 70.2 to 75% in a matter of seconds.
bluesunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #56 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep
Default IMA Battery & Simple Charger

I've just invested a lot of money in 500 sticks for another 25 UK batteries!

My batteries now come with the option of a simple grid charger fitted at the same time as the battery for only 100 extra.
That's a 100 saving on the battery and charger bought separately.

The batteries are already covered by my recently extended 3 year rtb warranty. The addition of a simple charger helps those who have an infrequent car usage pattern, or who have access to a power socket and want to try and use the battery more in a PHEV lite mode. It's also a good way of keeping the battery in tip top form as has been shown by the many people building and selling them worldwide.

The PHEV lite mode would be best used with the IMA Boost device detailed on the other thread.

Simple IMA Boost and/or reduce device.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pcb's/Built Units for ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #57 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I've suffered at the hands of a few neg recals recently, had about 4 in as many weeks, travelling about 20miles a day in the car. Tried a couple of grid charges to see if that helps.
Mark Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 03:36 AM   #58 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

For effective balancing grid charges must be at least 16 hours + upto about 24hrs max.
Keep me updated. If you get any battery codes we will fix it.

Pcb's/Built Units for ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #59 (permalink)

Default Better Battery Review - after 6 months use

Pete fitted one of his batteries to our car in late June. The installation process was enjoyable, efficient and fast, with the pair of us working together.

During the time spent with Pete, I learnt a lot about the car and picked up a number of useful tips.

Initially the battery seemed to take a little time to start charging properly, but before long it was working as it should. Six months on, the battery is behaving very well, despite my wife's commute being one of the worst types for this car - short, stop start, congested town journey. Fuel economy is improved by about 10+%, with the car returning 65mpg on the horrible commute, and much more on long runs. Power from the battery assist is also improved.

I was reluctant to get a Honda battery as the 1 year guarantee is poor, and how do we know when the battery was made/how long it's been sitting on the shelf? Also, I was concerned about it being fitted by a Honda technician with no experience of our cars.

I'm pleased to report that I feel sure I made the right decision to get one of Pete's better batteries. It's great that people like him are making an effort to continuously improve our special little cars.
timdaw356 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Random Question