IMA battery warranty ? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Issues

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question IMA battery warranty ?

I've just had the IMA battery replaced in my 2001 Insight by a main Honda dealer in the UK, but they were unable to advise how long the warranty is.

They have said they will check with Honda UK, but in the meantime,please could anyone either in the UK or US let me know what they have been told when using a Honda main dealer to supply + fit a new IMA battery.

Thanks Nick
woodsy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

I can tell you the BB battery I fit is 2 year RTB.

The UK is prob max one year.

What was the final price inc fitting you paid, and have you kept your old battery it is your property. We need the old batteries to have cells for recon packs later.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

In the US, dealer warranty on "retail" hybrid batteries is 3 years/36k miles.
-IMAC&C
-Lower grill block

RIP 2000 Insight, 40k miles @ 69.2 mpg

2000 Insight, "The Basket Case" @178k miles, 64.5 mpg so far
samwichse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retepsnikrep View Post
I can tell you the BB battery I fit is 2 year RTB.

The UK is prob max one year.

What was the final price inc fitting you paid, and have you kept your old battery it is your property. We need the old batteries to have cells for recon packs later.
I'll advise cost when we meet at Glossop. As part of the deal with Honda UK, they insisted on keeping the part changed eg 1D010PHM003.
Now I'll tackle Honda about getting a 3yr warranty as per the US .......
woodsy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
In the US, dealer warranty on "retail" hybrid batteries is 3 years/36k miles.
That's on the $3000 batteries. The $2400 batteries are 1 year.
2000 MT #4227 175K miles - Citrus Yellow, BetterBattery
Hybrid-Battery-Repair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Battery blues

Does anyone have a Better Battery installed? How has it worked out for you? It looks like mine is fading fast. I only have 135k but, because honda replaced it in 06 they will not warranty the second one. I think I read that someone else had the same problem. I can't fight Honda I just want my car running good again. I am new to the forum so any help would be great. Dan owner of a 2002 honda insight I owned an insight when insight were not cool.....
af8f000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by af8f000 View Post
I only have 135k but, because honda replaced it in 06 they will not warranty the second one.
That's certainly not the warranty policy that many of us experienced (my battery pack has been replaced twice under warranty). If your car was sold new more than 10 years ago, then the battery pack warranty has expired. If your car is not more than 10 years old and doesn't have a salvage title, I would contact American Honda to complain about your valid battery pack warranty not being honored.

Recent Honda warranty battery packs don't seem to be holding up very well. But even if you got just a couple of years' use out of it, I think it would be worth fighting for.
Uppsala, Sweden: 2000 Insight A/C #559 with Honda security system, Genesis One MIMA+FAS and grid charger, OBDIIC&C, Rostra, Fumoto, DEFA engine block heater, Philips LED DRL's
Honolulu: 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV
aisbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Waiting for US Honda reply

Aisbell,
I did as you said and called Honda Inc. Well the person I talked with was very nice but, would not say anything other than yes my 10 ten years is not up until Sept. 2012. I will call you back Monday the 23rd. I feel the same as you honor your warranty. And, don't give me a hard time and make me fight for it. Anyway thanks for the help! Dan
Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

I bought a new 2003 insight from a dealer in 2004. Then had the IMA battery replaced under warranty in 2007 @88,000. Does Honda warranty the replaced battery for 10 more years? My IMA light has been on for about 2 weeks now, but the car seems to be running normally.
pacmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Pacmat,
I keep pushing the issue and got the battery replaced. Thanks to Art Isbell on this site. I looked up my SB from honda and used them to beat them over the head with there own words. The SB are 06-057 should cover SC, 06-027 covers those states missed by 57 and 06-085 covers warranty extension to 157,000 miles or ten years. I held my ground with honda national and they said I was right. So I got my second replacement IMA. If you need more help let me know. You need to get it fixed asap. It made a big difference. Best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.