Imac&c hch1 civic - Page 31 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Other Honda Hybrids Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #301 (permalink)

Ok, I know you've got another project or two on your plate (HCH1 LiFePO4 hybrid!).

You'll see what I'm talking about when you start driving your plugin hybrid with the HCH1 IMAC&C anyhow.

Sam
-IMAC&C
-Lower grill block

RIP 2000 Insight, 40k miles @ 69.2 mpg

2000 Insight, "The Basket Case" @178k miles, 64.5 mpg so far
samwichse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #302 (permalink)

Sam,
Was on the wrong page literarily, didn't read the middle part. But did spend about two weeks reading, I didn't know they was a smaller selling version of mima control that don't need the OBDIIC&C that a problem For the hch1. bump into the video, capod has the same year as me, so was judging the comparability through that angle, much work for the hhc1. But this solves the 2 data stream problems, gages data and ima/soc data reliability.

On parking lots 1 click assist was first 10% about 13-14 rpm Perfect about 3- 7 mph now it's said to be 15% that about 18-19 rpm What mph is that? Too fast? So can you can click forward and cancel back and Forth to control speed following a car that way?
I think Iam going to wait till see what Pete might do to the lower drivability,but can you get a finish assembled item?
Aqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #303 (permalink)

Yes, I frequently use the assist/regen/cancel buttons to stay with traffic... usually what happens is on a segment of my commute, it's a steady 45mph speed limit, but with lots of side roads causing perturbations in speed.

I often "dial in" my foot to about 60mpg, then use assist/regen to fine adjust my speed (assist to accelerate slightly, regen to decelerate) without ever having to drop from lean burn.

As for whether or not Peter sells a finished item, I don't know, I know I can easily build one if you get the circuit board/software from Peter.

Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
Sam,
Was on the wrong page literarily, didn't read the middle part. But did spend about two weeks reading, I didn't know they was a smaller selling version of mima control that don't need the OBDIIC&C that a problem For the hch1. bump into the video, capod has the same year as me, so was judging the comparability through that angle, much work for the hhc1. But this solves the 2 data stream problems, gages data and ima/soc data reliability.

On parking lots 1 click assist was first 10% about 13-14 rpm Perfect about 3- 7 mph now it's said to be 15% that about 18-19 rpm What mph is that? Too fast? So can you can click forward and cancel back and Forth to control speed following a car that way?
I think Iam going to wait till see what Pete might do to the lower drivability,but can you get a finish assembled item?
-IMAC&C
-Lower grill block

Old 12-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #304 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

You can get an assembled and cased one from me for an extra fee ontop of the $100 base cost.
That extra cost will be less than $100 but not quite sure exactly at the moment.

I only work on feature requests for people who actually own the device and have it installed.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #305 (permalink)

Default Better late then never

I'm sorry if I haven't read enough, I have been following this thread off and on to try to stay up to date. As I'm reading I'm hoping that we are talking about a MIMA sort of device for the Civic Hybrid HCH?!! First off if this isn't the case I apologize. However if it is and now I think I see that there is a possiblity to either purchase a product that has been tested, or at least purchase the specific parts that both are needed and work together, that simply ROCKS. I would be very interested in talking about how to get this done. If none of this applies, well sux I have been just reading what I want to read to create what I want to create...good day!
2000 Insight
smjoinsight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #306 (permalink)

Yep, it'll work for your 2004, but not your 2009.

I've been testing it for months now, and aside from one regen glitch that turned out to be a bad button (now replaced), I've had no trouble at all with mine. Not sure what the exact effect on mileage has been, as the installation coincided with my moving closer with a more stop and go commute, but I'd guess the fact that I'm still making nearly the same mileage as when I had a nice long steady 55mph commute has something to do with this device (also, I got a MaxIMA battery from Eli to replace my ailing OEM one).

Peter's done a great job here... if you get a pre-made unit or have someone build it for you, 4 wire splices and that's it for the install. The board itself is very simple (and tiny), all the magic happens in his software.

Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjoinsight View Post
I'm sorry if I haven't read enough, I have been following this thread off and on to try to stay up to date. As I'm reading I'm hoping that we are talking about a MIMA sort of device for the Civic Hybrid HCH?!! First off if this isn't the case I apologize. However if it is and now I think I see that there is a possiblity to either purchase a product that has been tested, or at least purchase the specific parts that both are needed and work together, that simply ROCKS. I would be very interested in talking about how to get this done. If none of this applies, well sux I have been just reading what I want to read to create what I want to create...good day!
-IMAC&C
-Lower grill block

Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #307 (permalink)

Thank you for the quick response! As I'm reading, the "magic board" that has been created by peter is for sale? And for $100?! As for the splices I'm pretty confident in that part if that is all that it takes, I'm assuming that purchase of this would allow me instructions! There is a lot of talk about buttons, so I take it that to get the assist you use a button technique instead of a joystick? I'm pretty used to the MIMA joystick on my insight so is there any thoughts in that as an option?
2000 Insight
Old 12-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #308 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

The blank pcb and software access is $100 paypald to me at address in sig below.

A built and tested board is about another $100 on top but it's easy enough to source the parts and build it yourself a lot cheaper.

The only instructions are in this thread so you have to do some digging.
Ditto connections etc Schematic and pics etc.
Others will chip in to help if you get stuck.
First read the entire thread and print out schematics and pics/button commands/parts lists etc.

The operation is by button clicks there is no joystick option.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #309 (permalink)

If I'm reading correctly, $100 to you would get me the information needed to build a board for probably cheaper than $100 then I would need to dig on central to figure out how to put it into the HCH!? Is this correct?
2000 Insight
Old 12-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #310 (permalink)

Well, if you really want to build a board, the schematics are in this thread, you can make your own breadboard version like I did for initial testing.

The finished board is much nicer though.

Personally, I'm excited about getting the word out for this device, I'd be willing to populate a board for you at my cost plus shipping if you're interested. The actual parts that go on the board run $9.30 + shipping... you supply your own USB cable.

Sam
-IMAC&C
-Lower grill block

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.