Imac&c hch1 civic - Page 40 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Other Honda Hybrids Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #391 (permalink)

Default A small update

I was driving in the snow yesterday with a battery that was charged up nicely, thanks to the IMA C&C.

Got stuck in one of the residential estates that had no snow clearing done. Being a slight uphill and laden with snow, I used 2nd gear. IMA C&C was set to one click on regen. Had a lot wheel slip...was doing about 12-14 mph and RPM was about 1750. Suddenly the IMA C&C LED stopped lighting up! None of the buttons worked. I tried switching off and starting again at the top of the hill, still no luck. Left it parked right there on a corner for about 2 hours and then when I restarted still no luck.

Thought I had fried the electronics. But after 100 meters or so the C&C started working! It was reset and was set to Auto cancel.

I did the journey back home (2 miles) and did about 2.5 miles to work today and everything looks ok.

Thought it might be worth posting in case anyone else gets the same issue.
aandu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #392 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

You must have pressed the Cancel button for more than 0.5 seconds by accident and turned on the Autocancel.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 AM   #393 (permalink)
Administrator

Just a couple of thoughts.

To prevent/reduce the problem AANDU ran into the other day it might be wise to extend the short press maximum length to a second on the Cancel button only. This would lessen the chance of an accidental medium press on the cancel button toggling the autocancel mode.

In a similiar vein as my car is now being repaired I though a new VLP Very Long Press on the cancel button should disable the system entirely so that mechanics or guest drivers etc could not accidentaly activate it or change any of the modes/settings. So a VLP would be > 6 seconds. System would only become active again after another VLP

So new cancel button regime could be.

<1s Short Press Cancel Assist/Regen/Cruise as now
>1s <3s Medium Press Toggle Autocancel Mode
>3s <6s Long Press Activate Cruise Mode
>6s Very Long Press Toggle IMAC&C On/Off

IMAC&C would remember settings when car off. So if deactivated would still be deactivated if car turned off and on again later.

Thoughts

Edit
I have written the new code but no car to test it on today

Last edited by retepsnikrep; 01-22-2013 at 05:07 AM.
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #394 (permalink)

That works... alternately, maybe a button combination could disable the system completely... something unlikely to happen accidentally, like holding the assist and regen (but not cancel) buttons down for 2 seconds together?

Sam
-IMAC&C
-Lower grill block

RIP 2000 Insight, 40k miles @ 69.2 mpg

2000 Insight, "The Basket Case" @178k miles, 64.5 mpg so far
samwichse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #395 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

VLP sounds good to me, Still waiting to get mine installed! Snow/ work is holding everything up!
honda-dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #396 (permalink)

Pete, while your on it, just finer tuning.on the first click disable regen and asist and abc mode.
I use it after filling my SOC, for saving for parking lots assist .
I wish that it would remember that mode after auto stop. Because after saving my SOC and with too many stops and go in the city even after I click it again on I lose a few SOC for a few second over and over, as you can't turn it back *on right away. Getting back SOC at low speed does affect mpg, coasting is better.
basically *city corner to corner you don't need any assist Manuel or stock. Just concentrate on staying in the better mpg zone and coasting or gliding for distance with no *SOC lost that has to replaced gives better results. it's a important mode.
Is they a way to remember it on if we wanted to after auto stop?* a option? or maybe even over ridden manually would kick it off.
What about 1 click assist is no stock assist at all, and its remembered after auto stop. 2 click over ride this back to 1 click assist 2 click,3 click, etc?
And even if auto cancel mode has a time limit or distance use once it's turns off?
Auto cancel mode we need have the manual assist off idle. but later you have to turn it off, same as 1 click Regen or the car wont start after it some how does auto-stop. Can see it might be problematic.
Here my setup. http://www.insightcentral.net/forums...057-photo.html

Last edited by Aqua; 01-24-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Aqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #397 (permalink)
Administrator

Aqua no disrespect but I find your posts really hard to understand and can't work out what you are asking. I appreciate perhaps English is not your first langauge Anyone else able to pick out what Aqua is getting at and sumarise exactly what he is after.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #398 (permalink)

That bad? Maybe its too top long.
"Is it possible for a mode of turning off the car stock assist completely?
When we want? And it's remember after auto-stop" ?

Your got others modes 6% and 12% only of each assist or Regen. And can be Manually done by first click Regen. but it it's still the same. some assist leak out before its accept the first click Regen. Try it.
I was suggesting using first click assist as zero assist by the car. and it's remember after auto stop And click it again and it's cancel zero assist ,and click it again it return to First click assist, second assist, third click etc.
Maybe it's cant be done because of the auto stop working request with this above setting too. I understand.

Last edited by Aqua; 01-25-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #399 (permalink)
Administrator

If you use the first regen click that goes into load balancing mode / abc cancel mode and also stops assist does it not?

I'll think about it anyway. Others are welcome to chip in with ideas requests while i'm at it.

Will get my car back today so might try the new code. No bent suspension/wheels which is good news, just two wrecked tyres ;(
Old 01-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #400 (permalink)

Am using it that way, but still it leak assist, its because it will not take the request until it's out of auto stop range about 10 mph.and after about 20 city low speed blocks and traffic. My SOC is low. Try it with Auto cancel on See what happen.
but cool. Enough. glad you understand. Also glad your car ok. Seem pretty bad as first describe.

Last edited by Aqua; 01-25-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.