Imac&c hch1 civic - Page 41 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Other Honda Hybrids Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #401 (permalink)

It sounds like your problem is with auto-cancel then? If you use the first click with auto-cancel off, things work as you describe for your desired behavior (excepting a second or two while the load is being balanced).

Sam
-IMAC&C
-Lower grill block

RIP 2000 Insight, 40k miles @ 69.2 mpg

2000 Insight, "The Basket Case" @178k miles, 64.5 mpg so far
samwichse is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #402 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
It sounds like your problem is with auto-cancel then? If you use the first click with auto-cancel off, things work as you describe for your desired behavior (excepting a second or two while the load is being balanced).

Sam
Hey Sam, wish it's was non mpg issues. I used both modes this second is more pronounce in traffic in city blocks, its more of a continues stop and go. Too long for a electric assist mode. i live in the city. If I take a drive drive out then this second is nothing. but it can't be called a zero Regen and assist mode. it's about 40% effective here as stock assist start off idle and it's about 10 slow mph or more about 8 seconds longest of 5 bars of stock assist before I can turn it on, these are cvt. always in the zone. think it's about passing the stock auto stop limit before the Manuel command can be send? Slowly eating what you saved for your parking lot assist late. That why that mode remember would be a true 100% disable stock assist.
Getting back Regen is a tradeoff on slower speed. as coasting you don't give over speed. It's wasteful just enough, just taught I throw it in while he update it. Can't ? Cool too.

Last edited by Aqua; 01-25-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Aqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #403 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

I'm working on the latest requests and trying to add two more flags.

Up Button VLP = OEM Assist disable
Down Button VLP = OEM Regen disable

This would disable any assist or regen requests made by the car but still allow the assist/regen up/down buttons to work as now for manual control.
Assist and Regen can be enabled or disabled independently.
These settings will be saved between drives, so you could basically switch off OEM assist for ever (apart from IMA start & Autostop restart) which might help save a dying battery.
Most batteries will have enough life left to spin up the IMA for the <0.5 seconds it takes to start the car.

Is that what you are wanting Aqua?

I'm not sure yet how this will interact with the IMA start mode or Autostop at this time, so will likely need some fettling once we get some test software running. I'm away all next week in Seville so will be unable to test anything in the car for a while. I may post some alpha test software for the current owners to play with if i can work out how to do it.

Changes in the next version V11 will include

1) Slightly revised button timings and internal code improvements.

2) Slightly revised led flash timings.

3) Increased Cancel Button Short press duration <1s (Up/Down buttons remain at <0.5s)

4) Cancel button function swap. (AutoCancel toggle and Cruise mode activate) have swapped position as far as length of button press is concerned. This makes it quicker to activate Cruise mode and more difficult to accidentally change the Autocancel setting.

5) IMAC&C Enable/Disable Function. VLP of Cancel button toggles IMAC&C on/off and when disabled decativates all buttons or functions except another VLP of the Cancel button. It also returns the unit to the first run after programming default state, so cancels any saved settings like autocancel/battery protect/assist/regen disable etc etc. The IMAC&C disable setting is saved to eeprom and remains in effect even between journeys until toggled back on again.

6) OEM Assist/Regen Disable mode (I'm working on this)

Zip file password as already notified.

Last edited by retepsnikrep; 01-26-2013 at 05:57 PM.
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #404 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Alpha test software

Here is a new version to test. It has not been tested by me in my car.
Be prepared for IMA errors or other unexpected behavior.

* Button/Device Functions. *

We have three buttons and four different lengths of button presses.

<0.5s = Short press for Up/Down Buttons [SP]
<1s = Short press for Cancel Button [SP]

0.5 - 3s = Medium press for Up/Down Buttons [MP]
1 - 3s = Medium press for Cancel Button [MP]

4 - 5s = Long press [LP]

6 - 8.5s = Very Long press [VLP]

Each button has the following functions.

Assist (Right/Up) Button [Red Led]
Short press = Inc Assist Level or Dec Regen level (Assist has 4 steps/clicks) 25,50,75,100%
Medium press = Max Assist
Long press = Toggle Assist Battery Protect Mode. Limits all Assist request to ~12A
Very Long press = Toggle OEM Assist Enable/Disable

Regen (Left/Down) Button [Green Led]
Short press = Inc Regen Level or Dec Assist level (Regen has 5 steps/clicks) 0,25,50,75,100%
Medium press = Max Regen
Long press = Toggle Regen Battery Protect Mode. Limits all Regen request to ~6A
Very Long press = Toggle OEM Regen Enable/Disable

Cancel (Middle) Button
Short press = Cancel any Manual Assist/Regen or Cruise Control Mode
Medium press = Activate Cruise Control Mode. (Target Speed = Speed when Cruise activated) (Flashing Red/Green Led)
Long press = Toggle AutoCancel Assist/Regen <5mph Mode. Default is ON
Very Long press = Toggle IMAC&C Enable/Disable and reset to program defaults

Good luck! Report any issues etc or success
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mini_HCH1_12F683_IMAC&C_V11_260113.zip (2.4 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by retepsnikrep; 01-26-2013 at 10:15 PM.
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #405 (permalink)

Thank pete, you have amazing talented.
This will give the 3 cvt. Drivers here, their dream of taming the knows overly aggressive software of wasted assist your when not in a rush, we can judge *the Ev. Mode better than stock as needed, and addling a burst of Ev that the most affective when lagging behind. Not counting saving about 600 monthly clicks. And adding 60% more user SOC or assist In low speed traffic *its really a *Econ mode w/over ride. *I have to sort the 32 bit*window not recognized USB like Sam did. found the 32 bit firmware last night *but it's just *a hex code you insert/replaced in notepad. might need two firmware working together, I sort it out. enjoy your time off.*
Old 01-28-2013, 04:33 AM   #406 (permalink)
Administrator

I'm waiting for your feedback
I'm away in Spain for a week so can't test it myself.
Does it work or is it broken now?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #407 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Finally got my IMAC&C installed yesterday afternoon, Snow thawing well here now!
Added new software just now, going to take the car out on a long run tonight with ver11 installed and see how it performs. Fingers crossed,
Will update later.
Enjoy your holiday!
honda-dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #408 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Just tried it, pickit2 is reporting "not a valid HEX file configuaton missing". So i tried to download it again on a different machine with different compression software but still the same report,
Tried it anyway for the sheer hell of it, I now know the starter motor works LOL.
Dropped back to Version 10 for now.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #409 (permalink)

Sam might be away, for me and others who has window 7 and 8 it's will not see your USB ,it's their as humane resource in device manager,awaiting drivers. And in device and printers, it's needs Inf recognition "An INF file (stands for information) or Setup Information file, is a plain text file used by Microsoft Windows for installation of software and drivers. Found it But it's just that too many plain text file to install one by one? it's not a regular auto setup all I said is huh? too much work in the register and setting it up. I feel safe to do. I just take it down to a computer repair shop. Others might have windows 7 and 8 or visa. and also working on it. Sam....... should be ok. I have use my kill switch while it was writing to test and it's no problem,solid.
I also have 145 watts solar and it's running connected to the 12 volt line
With a solar controller and 2 battery for my stuff and my large marine Gage reads 15 volt going through the system,14 volt parked in the sun and engine off , I can charge the 12 volt in front driving or parked, 12 dc converter have been working with this system and can relax when the sun out, and it's been 2 years, no problem, it's very adaptable and tough.

Last edited by Aqua; 01-28-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #410 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Tried again after a fresh install of winrar and it's now recognised as a .HEX file, looks like my previous install was not extracting it correctly so I will try it again, most likley be tomorrow now. Will keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.