Imac&c hch1 civic - Page 50 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Other Honda Hybrids Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #491 (permalink)

Brilliant ideas Pete, to visualize somehow the button press in seconds, in real time, in timing the modes is a great addition. and then seen what mode it's in.
I really love this version, it's clicking consistently vs last version, I did make a small hole in the middle instead of the end, so the wires stay separately.so it's
Responsive one click affair again
Aqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #492 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep
Default Lcd testing

Just showing 20x4 lcd bench testing.

IMAC&C HCH1 Lcd Display Test Video 1 - YouTube

Lots of work to do on the code.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #493 (permalink)

Very cool! Is there enough code space on the PIC for a basic menu system a-la the HP LaserJets?

Say, for the cancel button:
short press = cancel
long press (1-4 second) = cruise control
VLP = switch display/buttons to menu mode

Then in the menu display an item... the assist and regen buttons switch to the next or previous items. pressing the cancel button puts an * next to the value for the item, and then pressing assist/regen changes the value. Press the cancel button and the * goes away, assist and regen buttons choose items again.

This is similar to the menu used in HP printers and Percival Scientific growth chambers/incubators (except the Percival chambers start the value flashing instead of using a star to show you're in edit mode... I find this a bit annoying).

Sam
-IMAC&C
-Lower grill block

RIP 2000 Insight, 40k miles @ 69.2 mpg
samwichse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #494 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Looks very impressive Peter!!
2005 Honda Civic IMA 44k
OBDIIC&C, Ver27 PIC18F2620.
IMAC&C-LCD, Ver 15 PIC12F683.
honda-dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #495 (permalink)
Administrator

Default In stock

For the benefit of UK/EU users I have now built 1 system for stock or immediate fitting/despatch. That's the last of my pcb's over here so Eli will be supplying further orders until his pcb stock runs out.

So if you want the HCH1 IMAC&C buzz then it's simply a matter of prising open the wallet.

Pricing as prev posts.

Sam

Yes I'm looking at some sort of menu system and using the flashing lcd cursor. I'm away for two weeks from thursday but will be tinkering with code on my laptop no doubt
Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #496 (permalink)

Default Sorry, again a basic question

I wonder, as my HCH1 is left hand side driving car, if the connectors are located in the same place as the one I saw on Youtube. Can someone help me finding on this picture where is the ECM connector...
Denis Hoarau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #497 (permalink)
Administrator

Denis the picture is too small we can't see anything.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #498 (permalink)

Denis Hoarau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #499 (permalink)

Denis, I believe that the right connecter, it should look like this top picture from Sam. Imac&c hch1 civic
But the wire hook up is here Imac&c hch1 civic
Read 17-18-19. They is a connector pin layout but can't find it, double check your wires, as the colors are very, very light. do You have any Non secret mpg mod for a thread someday?

Last edited by Aqua; 02-26-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #500 (permalink)

So close, but so far. LOL, all hook up, The Source 1th pin of pic to Rx Led ok. but not the ground wire, can't see which of the 2 stub or back side of the led light legs is ground other pos. outside or inside is ground? so was touching testing the 3Th pin that ground, next to the 2th pin pos. or VDD and I seen a row of blue blocks and yellow gibish or words so it was working.
But was tapping my last pin connector to ground wire and it went flying, couldn't find it, so went to the store, after grounding to the 3 pin, finish my mini Imac But wouldn't work. I think I might have touch the 5 volt with the ground, I check everything and did re-flash it, ok. and my car work ok without the box normal. I did tongue tested it,taste like 1-3 volts, LOL. I am using tiny USB wire, so I will redo from the ECU again. hopefully my box ok.
Question, do all 3 wires including the 2 pos pin wire (a must can't be solders ) be disconnection for flashing? And is that 3 pin ground ok, but be careful? ( I need smaller insulated pin holder) and I can't use the screw on ground right? I know it's not for a few weeks, but anybody if you can find 4 pin connectors pic type or single connector ( I seen it at radio shack) share a link where found. I also need 3 pin LED connecter they didn't include it. Called 3-pin JST connector, found that.

Last edited by Aqua; 02-27-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.