05 Accord reconditioning with Imax6 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Other Honda Hybrids Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 05 Accord reconditioning with Imax6

Can someone please tell me the best settings on the imax6ac for dishcharging and charging 05 accord sticks.And what my numbers should be to seperate the crappy sticks and keep the good ones.
jointheranks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

Welcome.

What error codes have you been getting?

Unfortunately you won't be able to correctly identify good from bad with a simple cycler charger. Yes it will wake them up and restore some capacity (by removing memory effects) but it won't test for current capability or self discharge rate.

There are a number of important factors in battery deterioration and assessment for reuse.

I suggest you read up on the carbon pile tester thread. That's a good starter for ten.

The correct kit to cycle sticks, and test them thoroughly will take some investment of money and a lot of investment of your time. It's a slow tedious process. Then you need access to some spare sticks tested in the same way so you can pick the best 20 and use them to rebuild your pack.

IMHO ranked in importance for a car with no mods or charger. The battery specs you need to be testing and working with are.

1) Stick ability to deliver at least 90A for 10 seconds at 20C temp at >0.9V cell average without excess heating.

2) Stick Self discharge rate < 1ah per week

3) Stick Capacity as tested by superbrain at 6-10A or equivalent of at least 5ah

You might have to compromise here and there but.

If you use sticks with high/varying self discharge rate then you need a grid charger to correct it at regular intervals.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default bad battery

i'm using the imax6 to balance the sticks. so far so good but 1 stick is bad.My honda accord has 2 sticks welded together. can i use a civic or insight stick and weld it back on ? I don't much about welding battery together. What would if i have to weld with if an civic or insight stick would work.
jointheranks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.