Internal Fuse Box - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Problems and Troubleshooting

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Internal Fuse Box

The AC outlet ("cigarette lighter") stopped working in my 2001 model. The manual leads me to believe it is a fuse in the internal box. I pulled out the storage drawer on the far left of dashboard, and there is a sticker on the back of this showing where each fuse is. At the back of this sapce, there is a black box (about the size of a . . pack of cigarattes), with a few wires running into the bottom. I think this is the internal fuse box, and I've tugged a little on it in different directions, but can't figure out how to open it. . . . Thanks for any help.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default fuse box

The fuse box under the dash is located on the left side wall. There is no cover on it, at least mine doesn't have one. I can see the fuses. Maybe I took my cover off a long time ago. Can't remember (Senior moment)

If there is a cover, it has two plastic spring clips that have to be either pushed or pulled to remove the cover. It's dark and cold out right now. Will check in the AM.

Willie
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301K miles
Use: 346K mi. @ 58.0 LMPG

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums...d-insight.html
http://www.seattleeva.org/wiki/User:...ies_Red_Rocket
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/.../message/12630
Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 06:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

When you remove the pull out drawer, you will be looking at the side of the fuse box. You will have to lay your right ear on the carpet between the clutch and brake pedals , and look up under the dash to the left to see the fuses. Have no clue as to why they stuck the fuse sticker on the back of the pull out drawer. You don't even need to remove it. Mine doesn't have a cover on it either Willie.
Randall
MIMA #005

dimensioned pdf's of the battery case
highwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2011, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yetanotherjohn
Default Accessory death

I've the same problem, no voltage in the cigarette lighter socket. Trouble is I have replaced the fuse #12 and checked all the fuses in the panel for continuity and they all test good. Still no voltage in the cigarette/accessory socket.

The voltage disappeared when I was running an inverter through that socket. I can't find any other fuse or fusable link on that wire, but I haven't traced the wire back to the box. That requires removal of the dash panel and some special tool, according to the Insight Service Manual. Anyone have a hint or suggestion.

Thanks
John
yetanotherjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to madmanmostafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherjohn View Post
I've the same problem, no voltage in the cigarette lighter socket. Trouble is I have replaced the fuse #12 and checked all the fuses in the panel for continuity and they all test good. Still no voltage in the cigarette/accessory socket.

The voltage disappeared when I was running an inverter through that socket. I can't find any other fuse or fusable link on that wire, but I haven't traced the wire back to the box. That requires removal of the dash panel and some special tool, according to the Insight Service Manual. Anyone have a hint or suggestion.

Thanks
John
While this post is several years old, I would like to mention that I actually have the same issue. But I haven't traced it back further than the plug itself. The PO put in an aftermarket stereo and I suspect they probably just tore the cable when removing that panel. Did you check yours for at least that far? If you made sure that the wires on the back of the lighter don't work and you go to the fusebox, you may want to look at the electrical diagram.
madmanmostafa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.