David did bring this car in to EV Powers and we found the root of the problem and the negative results that occurred because of it.
Looks like when the engine was swapped the harness was attached to it.
So when the harness was reinstalled it was improperly routed.
Because of this the wire loom was in harms way. It actually sat on the steering rack, and each time the whell was turned, it made a sawing motion on the loom.
Eventually the loom wore through, and then the insulation started wearing off a few wires.
Ultimately one wire on DTC sensor 1 broke causing a CEL.
Also, here are some sharp edges on the firewall where the harness must pass through. They are usually covered by a grommet, but the grommet must be removed when passing the head of the wiring harness through. When the wire harness was inserted through the firewall it incurred quite a bit of damage, scraping off wire insulation and also breaking off at least one wire to the ECU.
So it took quite a while to track all down all these electrical problems, but ultimately we fixed the broken wires, covered the worn insulation, and rewrapped portions of the harness loom.
Put it all back together and now no more CEL codes.
We also fixed the dangerously loose crimp connectors on the aftermarket grid charger wires.
There are still a few other things, like the ABS light and huge rattle in the rear end.
But at least now the battery is charging and the car does not go nuts over 3,500 rpm.
Last edited by ericbecky; 12-17-2012 at 09:06 PM.