CEL p0134 and Many LAF sensor part Numbers listed for Primary/Upstream - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Problems and Troubleshooting

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question CEL p0134 and Many LAF sensor part Numbers listed for Primary/Upstream

I decided after using the search function here a bunch most of the results I am getting are from owners of 00-01 Manual Insights with these issues.

Seems like there are different LAF (o2) sensors available for us different owners.

I have had O'Reilly's pull a p0134 code and AutoZone pull the same P0134 a day or 2 later after resetting the CEL.
* I have come to find what LAF means... Linear Air Fuel, which means its a way more sensitive o2 sensor, which also means lots more money.

P0134 CEL code points to the Upstream LAF sensor. Does anyone have any other suggestions with this code? I already checked my ground cables. All of them are good, I totally believe w 93% certainty.

The correct Honda part for the Upstream LAF is: 36531-PHM-A21 (4 wire) should go into any 02-06 Insight.
From all the reading, I believe a Bosch 15394 could potentially be the replacement. Anyone else with thoughts?
Are there any other choices for this LAF sensor that needs to be 4 wire and not the early version of 5 wire?

For some reason on my note pad I have written down:
Denso 192400-1061 4 wire. This might be the actual Honda labeled part. Can anyone confirm?
Does anyone know what the NTK 24301 will work with?

All these OE suppliers and part numbers have my mind not functioning. Hopefully a few of you can sort all this out before I wake up in the morning.

Thanks in advance!
2003 CBR 954RR
Ryan_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

So I have been on a mission today to figure out what I need to do to get my MPGs up and get my check engine light off. It's nearly 88 every day and I should be getting higher than my 50.5 mpg on a tank of gas.

Now after tackling getting my o2 sensor off, I thought I realized that I took off the wrong one. Initially I took off the upstream 02 sensor. Then called up Advance Auto and while talking, I realized I was asking about downstream sensor but removed upstream.

So I hung up and started to remove downstream. Got it to break loose and blew it off with compressed air. Took a couple of pictures and decided to reinstall. Came in and then jumped on here to recall exactly what my code was and all and now realize it is P0134.

P0134 is pointing at the 1st, Primary, Upstream o2 sensor.

Does anyone have a suggestion to what sensors are available for the 03 CVT, Upstream? It's to late to call the parts store back. Thanks
2003 CBR 954RR
Ryan_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bosch, cel, laf, o2 sensor, p0135

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.