Wet Seatbelt - Page 17 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Problems and Troubleshooting

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #161 (permalink)
Lean Burn = Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by juntjoo View Post
Thanks Jeff. I'll keep tuned.
I did this on another car today. I could not properly complete the repair without removing the a-pillar trim. . I have edited my "how-to" thread to state this fact. Bummer, I guess the $40 per side of clips should be part of the budget for this repair. Thankfully for me today, they were a stocking item at my local dealer

Quote:
Jeff, I should ask, do you think it's absolutely necessary to go that far into the front of the seam even though my leak is only at the hatch? Common sense tells me I should re-seal it all the way to that hole you discovered, tho I'm not sure I have any holes up there since as I mentioned mine only leaks at the hatch. maybe it's just something I might have to do again in the future, or not in which case $80 on new clips would be a waste. hmm...
I think to do it right the a-pillar trim needs to come off. The one I did today had the "missing calking" from the factory. The gap is toward the front. In order for it to be water tight the calking and a couple coats of touch up paint are mandatory and the only way to seal & paint it foreword enough that is is below the seam is to pull the pillar trim.

You could try it without pulling the trim, then if it leaks still do it a second time with the trim pulled. After trying today, I don't think that is do-able though.
Current score: Bought/Selling/Sold/Dismantled nine silvers, two blues, and a Citrus beauty to keep for myself.
jeff652 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #162 (permalink)

Default Wet seatbelt plus mice...

My 2000 has all the leaks described here and in jeff652's informative thread, Roof Seam Leak Repair (NOT wet seat belts) [pics] , and I've got all the clips and caulk, looking for the time to do it...

But I was perplexed by the fact that the water I would bail out on the passenger side was green/blue. I thought maybe the previous owner (an elderly friend of mine) had spilled something like soda or something. Finally realized, after trying to get the rear windshield sprayer to work, that mice had chewed off the supply hose which runs along the passenger side rocker, and I was just pumping the washer fluid onto the floor...

Cars can be so much fun.

Last edited by hark; 01-29-2013 at 03:52 PM.
hark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #163 (permalink)

Wow. I hope nice isn't a common problem waiting for me to find it. Perhaps we all need to change to a sugar free window washing fluid.
juntjoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #164 (permalink)

The washer fluid hose for the rear window runs along the passenger door seal and up the passenger pillar. It's a semi transparent white line on my 2002. You might see if it has a hole in it or has become disconnected. That might explain the green/blue color. Never mind I see you found it already.

Last edited by tybic; 01-29-2013 at 01:26 PM.
tybic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #165 (permalink)

Found a wet seatbelt had became a frozen seatbelt. Stuck reel good. A few sharp hauls broke it loose. After ice comes flying out reel action was Ok. Parked with it unreeled/draped to dry.
Engine P-Codes Diagnostics etc Google Spreadsheet

AbCaRed00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack9994 View Post
Did it myself and took some photos - whoever suggested using a wooden spoon to remove the trim had a good idea
(although i dont know whether we will want to cook with it again!). The old clips were difficult to get off so ended up
sawing part way through with a hacksaw at each end so could use a small screwdriver to release the clip.

The hole in the second photo is where the infamous white clip goes.
I replaced all the white plastic clips which cost 22 (approx $40)

Cheers
John

[Photo links edited by Mod - please see Forum rules on size]
can we get these photos back?

edit: ah, page 10 & 13.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by juntjoo; 04-09-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: bla
Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #167 (permalink)

are these:

1365394430603.jpg

these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130405_pinsinside.jpg (94.0 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by juntjoo; 04-08-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #168 (permalink)

okay, now its my turn. the pics so far should be enough but I'll throw mine in too.

CHECK to make sure your leak isnt in the seam close to the hatch as mine is -so you wont waste money breaking the white clips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130409_seamCrack.jpg (86.7 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 20130409_moldingClips.jpg (95.4 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg 20130409_molding.jpg (94.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 20130409_molding2.jpg (91.5 KB, 89 views)
Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #169 (permalink)
Lean Burn = Happiness

Quote:
are these:

Attachment 4582

these?
No they are not. The rivets are for the inner steel clips which are 'reusable'. They are not the white plastic single-use clips.

This pic shows the difference clearly:

The back of the rivets you see are the gold colored steel clips on the left of the white plastic clips.
Current score: Bought/Selling/Sold/Dismantled nine silvers, two blues, and a Citrus beauty to keep for myself.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #170 (permalink)
Lean Burn = Happiness

Quote:
okay, now its my turn. the pics so far should be enough but I'll throw mine in too.

CHECK to make sure your leak isnt in the seam close to the hatch as mine is -so you wont waste money breaking the white clips.
I doubt that the hatch area seam break is your entire leak. The large white clip with the metal bracket in it is the most common one to leak. If you look closely it is in a small depression and water accumulates there and leaks in. I replace that one and add some Hondabond to make sure it won't leak again in the future.

I am talking about the white clip on the bottom left in this photo:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.