Insight EX w/ NAVI - Anti-theft codes? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Troubleshooting and Problems

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Insight EX w/ NAVI - Anti-theft codes?

I just got the EX w/ NAVI, and when I took the car the salesman distinctly told me I needed to input a "NAVI Code" and a "Radio Code" if the car ever lost battery power.

I know about the radio codes because both of my Fits had them. This is my first Honda with the factory NAVI unit. The owners manual also says I need 2 codes: one for the radio and one for the NAVI.

When I got home after buying my car, I went through all the manuals and paperwork and was about to put away the extra key and the codes in a safe place, but there is no radio code!

I went back to the dealer and told them about it and said I wanted my radio code. The service tech talked to several people within the dealership (sales mgr, service mgr, salesman, PDI service tech) and everyone told him their is only 1 code. I think they're wrong, but I'm not sure.

Why does the Owner's Manual say there are 2 if there aren't?

Does anyone else have the EX w/ NAVI and do you have a radio code and a NAVI code?

I'd really like to know.

Last edited by jrlnc; 05-29-2009 at 06:04 PM.
jrlnc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlnc View Post
I just got the EX w/ NAVI, and when I took the car the salesman distinctly told me I needed to input a "NAVI Code" and a "Radio Code" if the car ever lost battery power.

I know about the radio codes because both of my Fits had them. This is my first Honda with the factory NAVI unit. The owners manual also says I need 2 codes: one for the radio and one for the NAVI.

When I got home after buying my car, I went through all the manuals and paperwork and was about to put away the extra key and the codes in a safe place, but there is no radio code!

I went back to the dealer and told them about it and said I wanted my radio code. The service tech talked to several people within the dealership (sales mgr, service mgr, salesman, PDI service tech) and everyone told him their is only 1 code. I think they're wrong, but I'm not sure.

Why does the Owner's Manual say there are 2 if there aren't?

Does anyone else have the EX w/ NAVI and do you have a radio code and a NAVI code?

I'd really like to know.
Went thru the same thing myself, although my dealer was able to pull up the radio code for me via a link they have. Since then, I registered with Honda's Owner Link. After you register, you can then get both your radio & navi codes based on your navi S/N, your home phone & zip code. When I got my car, there was a cd jewel case in the glove box that had contained the navi cd & also a mini zip-lock bag with some stickem labels that contain the S/N of the Navi Unit & a 5 digit Navi Code. After you register with Owner Link, you can also input the same S/N, etc. stuff for the radio & get the 4 digit radio code. The dealer is suppose to either stick these labels somewhere on the car, or you may still find that mini zip-lock baggie. Anyway, here's the link.... let us know if it does the trick for you....as it did for me. Gary
https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login....references.asp
Old 07-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just curious... in the EX w/Navi, is there still a separate Navi (DVD) box somewhere and if so, where is it located? The only other car I've had with Navi was a 2000 TL; the Navi box was mounted in the trunk under the rear deck. I'm curious where it is (if it's still separate) in the Insight...
Old 07-07-2009, 02:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemketron View Post
Just curious... in the EX w/Navi, is there still a separate Navi (DVD) box somewhere and if so, where is it located? The only other car I've had with Navi was a 2000 TL; the Navi box was mounted in the trunk under the rear deck. I'm curious where it is (if it's still separate) in the Insight...
With the push of a button the nav screen slides down and the nav disc goes into a slot behind the screen.
JDM Gear Shift Knob
Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Rear Bumper Cover
3M Clearbra
DDM 55W 6000K HID upgrade
VG Sharkfin
LED Interior lights upgrade
Boltbacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

You too have the same experience? My toyotas the dealer pre programmed the radio with local rock stations for me. My honda, the radio required a code to work and found the card in the manual. I called the dealer before looking and they had no knowledge of it and told me to come back the next day.

Funny how you can forget the radio, but fully inflate the tires. My toys all tires including the spare were underinflated.
Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've had the same issues myself. It seems to be quite widespread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.