Srs error - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Troubleshooting and Problems

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Srs error

My 2010 insight had an accident. The air bags blew up. I changed all air bags, belts, sensors and the module. After I connected the pin 4 and 9 In the OBDII plug it shows a DCT14-7 error.
What does it mean this error, would you also tell me where can I find the MES(Memory erase signal)??
Thanks
OBELI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome aboard. Sorry its under these cirsumstances. I have the shop manual and the info may not be exactly what you are looking for.

Not showing a 14-7, I see a 41-7, No signal from left front impact sensor.

Basically the codes could be either a bag, sensor or the cpu. The codes go from 12-x and jumps to 21-x and goes up to 83-27.

Is this the main dtc or the srs sub menu dtc?

To reset memeory you need a HDS system or a cloan from ebay.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the replay, I donít know really the difference between the main DTC and the SRS sub menu DTC. what I did is I just connected the pin no. 4 to pin no.9 in the OBDII plug with a clip, then I turned on the engine to II, the air bag light came on for a while then went off, after few second it started blinking very quickly (4 times) then went off, after 3 seconds it started to blink very slowly (4 times) then went off for about 3 seconds, then it started blinking fast (7 times) but slower that the first 4 blinks. then the cycle of 4-4-7 blinks restarted again.
I think the first fast 4 blinks are counted as 10 plus the second very slow 4=14, this is the main code and the last 7 blinks are the sub code. Pls correct me if Iím wrong.
OBELI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

Every time I've had an error with air bags it's always the plugs. All the airbag and seatbelt plugs have those little plastic retainer clips. These clips not only keep the plug fastened but they also push little metal pins away from contact. Basically the pins ground the system to deactivate it. If those pins are bent or the plug retainer clip isn't exact it won't seat right. It's been a while since I did an insight airbag so I can't remember exactly but again.... Those retainers are more than just retainers. If they are not in right the car knows it. You can also fool it with a 2.5 ohm resistor to determine if you have a bad belt or bag but never had one be bad. I use the resistor to determine which plug is not quite right. Lastly, I've had the drivers bag get hot and melt the plug a bit. It then needs replaced. I believe i still have a clock spring if u need it but I often can just replace the plug. I always blame a component but it always the plug..... And I stopped chasing codes a long time ago. Just go back over what you did. Good luck
wingin73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ill doubble check. The SRS part of the 2010 service manual is 300+ pages. Like mentioned it seems if any of the connectors are loose, etc it will also trigger an error. THe error code I was looking for was from an odb2 scanner or the HDS scanner that has the srs sub menu.

All of the SRS connectors are yellow if that helps. I had one from the connector to the passenger side indicator was loose when I switched out my radios.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingin73 View Post
Every time I've had an error with air bags it's always the plugs. All the airbag and seatbelt plugs have those little plastic retainer clips. These clips not only keep the plug fastened but they also push little metal pins away from contact. Basically the pins ground the system to deactivate it. If those pins are bent or the plug retainer clip isn't exact it won't seat right. It's been a while since I did an insight airbag so I can't remember exactly but again.... Those retainers are more than just retainers. If they are not in right the car knows it. You can also fool it with a 2.5 ohm resistor to determine if you have a bad belt or bag but never had one be bad. I use the resistor to determine which plug is not quite right. Lastly, I've had the drivers bag get hot and melt the plug a bit. It then needs replaced. I believe i still have a clock spring if u need it but I often can just replace the plug. I always blame a component but it always the plug..... And I stopped chasing codes a long time ago. Just go back over what you did. Good luck
Hi I am troubleshooting a gen 1 insight with airbag problem fault code shows open in drivers side seat belt wire backed up by testing wire with multimeter.
Replacement loom is over $400 & will take 3 weeks to get here so would like some information to repair the break.
I have run a new wire from a wreck honda logo with same plugs at seatbelt end.
both old wires though show open circuit so I am not sure if there is a polarity to the circuit inside the seatbelt.
how is it normally activated,circuit diagram shows a resistor if its a simple heater circuit obviously either way would be ok.
have downloaded a pdf manual,but still unsure
freeenergykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to wkmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
To reset memeory you need a HDS system or a cloan from ebay.
Not True,
You have a manual so look at page 22-117 ....

Step 4. ,You need to jump a connection at the fuse box bottom corner....

Step 5, wait 5 seconds while you appreciate the flashing ceiling light display.

Step 6.You can then review any DTC's using the MID.

Step 9. Reset the DTC's with the SEL/Reset button by Holding it for 10 seconds.
wkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Gee, thanks. Now every Tom, Dick and Harry knows how to clear the DTC when the bags go off and can illegally resell the car vs replacing everything as required in the US.

Typically once the bags goes off the insurance company considered the car totaled as the blast causes a lot of damage to the steering, dash and other parts if the accident that triggered it didnt.

Its one thing for someone from Russia to buy a "totaled" I2 from an insurance company and make it road worthy again for US to see more crashes on youtube. Its another for them to buy the car and resell it in the US as to have little to no accident damage.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

A totaled car resold in the U.S. would have a "salvage" title.
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to wkmiller

Those that do such things to "Cheat" already know where to get the information which the Owner Manual tells you on page 435. You just go to helminc.com then Click the Vehicle Owners, Do it Yourself and Proffesionals, Click Here : http://www.helminc.com/helm/welcome_...asp?Style=helm

The Process I gave clears the Trouble Codes NOT the History codes so if the HDS is used as stated in the service manual on page 24-7, IF the HDS is used you can obtain a more detailed DTC in the HRS SRS Menu which will show the History of everything that occurred with the SRS on the vehicle even if DTC's are cleared!

The intended purpose for the instructions I gave IS for the Independant Mechanic to be able to Service Honda Vehicles WITHOUT having to have the Fancy Honda Specific Tools.

Last edited by wkmiller; 05-10-2013 at 09:11 AM.
wkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
air bag, dct14-7, mes, srs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.