Honda Insight Forum banner

the re-awakening of the new england meet

22K views 181 replies 31 participants last post by  Sasha 
#1 ·
hey, since we have this handy new section, lets put it to use!

lets start planning our next new england insight meet!

1st off, i say we wait for it to get warmer, other than that...shoot off some ideas, what you did and didnt like about the last one...and hopefully this one will be bigger and better than the last one :D

#4 ·
i guessing our best option is to do it at mike's house again, as everyone seemed to enjoy it there...he lives in northwestern CT, so it would be quite a drive from maryland...but if you wanted to come up that would be great...and I can meet you when you get into southern CT and we can drive up in convoy :)

#6 ·
Once the weather gets a bit warmer, there will be a hybrid gathering at my place most every Saturday at the workshops.
http://www.99mpg.com/workshops/mikessaturdayhybri/

My solar cooker should be fully operational for cooking stuff, (steaks,Hotdogs, burgers).
http://www.99mpg.com/resources/articles ... ntothesun/

I have the big yard where we can park 20 or more cars.
We can also pull out my MPG route map and have a efficient driving contest.
http://www.99mpg.com/Data/resources/dow ... ollage.jpg

I have been in many MPG races, and find that getting lost is always an issue, you are concentrating on driving technique, so the added distraction of trying to follow written directions is a big one. Get lost once, and there goes your chances for the best score. This map is my approach to making it easier to stay on route.
Join the fun, and learn more about how hybrids work.
;)

#104 ·
Once the weather gets a bit warmer, there will be a hybrid gathering at my place most every Saturday at the workshops.

I have been in many MPG races, and find that getting lost is always an issue, you are concentrating on driving technique, so the added distraction of trying to follow written directions is a big one. Get lost once, and there goes your chances for the best score. This map is my approach to making it easier to stay on route.
Join the fun, and learn more about how hybrids work.
;)
hopefully we can get the mpg race this time

and maybe some tips/tricks from the better drivers afterwards

i know i wanna learn how to get better mileage

#7 ·
hopefully we can get the mpg race this time

and maybe some tips/tricks from the better drivers afterwards

i know i wanna learn how to get better mileage

#14 ·
hmmm...anything further planned guys? its getting warmer, which means better MPG which means everyone should be willing to travel further to make a meet :lol:

#15 ·
No new plans that I know of.... but if people are interested it putting another one together we can just get together someplace that can easily handle the parking like a mall or restaurant... unless someone with lots of parking is hosting it.... depending on when and where... I might be there...

#17 ·
ok that is a few people asking already...
klutzygirl , green1 , ikhoudvanu199 , epqsoq

with me that makes 5 people.... but I think we will loose a few due to the distances... I don't think there is a location central enough to be in range of everyone who has thus far voiced interest... I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment so my place is out... anybody else have lots of parking? ... or we can just pick a mall or restaurant that is well located for multiple people to make it.... Any ideas?

#18 ·
We could do it at my place, but I have been pretty busy with MIMA parts procurement, and I will continue to be for the next two weekends, which is why I have been quiet.
This week I will be working on the Insight on a stand, in preparation for an UDHEV technicial training class on the 20-23.
After that we can plan something here if you like. June 28-29??
My solar cooker is fully operational, I have a gas grill, so we could do a cookout?
MPG competition?
;)

#21 ·
If it turns out that a meet can be in NY or NJ, I could give that serious consideration. I would give serious consideration to any gathering that is planed, now that I think about it. I have a friend in PA who i could stay with and break up the trip. One of the considerations for me these days is the other drivers on the road. I don't want to be a statistic. Actually I drove to CT for a wedding some years back, with my former car, a :oops: Mitsubishi Montero.

#24 ·
there have been a few people post interest... no one has yet been motivated enough to be the organizer.

You are welcome Shamai to do the honors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.