Bumblebee warranty replacement experiences? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Vendor Member Section > Bumblebee Batteries

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bumblebee warranty replacement experiences?

Edit - Got a hold of Eli. They've had some staffing change-ups but are getting caught back up with communications and orders and are fully standing behind all warranties. So it seems just a temporary communication issue but not any significant problem with actually getting the warranty honored.

Hey, anyone else had a successful warranty replacement of a Bumblebee battery that failed prior to their 3 year warranty? Did you get it very quickly and did you get any confirmation of an RMA in process? I've called them and spoken to the lady on the phone, Halee I think, who says they'll send me one in 30-60 days (it's been about 45 days now) but an initial email about the failure has gone unanswered as have follow emails requesting information and confirmation of the warranty replacement and an update on shipping estimates. I'd like to be able to plan for its arrival once they get it in the US, presumably they had to request it be made and shipped from China. Which seems a bit odd and slow way to do it, but maybe they don't have the volume any longer to keep cells on the shelf.

I've had positive interactions with them before and have bought 2 batteries from them, one that lasted 5 years and just failed, the other lasted a little over 2 hears (the one I'm waiting on a replacement under warranty for). So I'm not terribly worried yet since they seem to be a legit company and decent folks, and I do expect that eventually a battery will arrive on my doorstep, but normally I'd be more concerned that I don't actually have a written record of my RMA having been processed or any confirmation of that fact.

Is this verbal agreement of a warranty replacement normal for them in others' experience?

Last edited by rajuncajun; 10-08-2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: update
rajuncajun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2018, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I did have a Bumblebee battery replaced under warranty. I know it doesn't help to tell you that there was a significant delay in receiving the replacement battery pack (six months), but I cannot say enough positive about Bumblebee/Haley and their service. Because of the delay my warranty was extended 6 months and for my troubles they added an additionally 3 months to the warranty.

I would not hesitate to do business with Bumblebee in the future. They are a small company serving a niche market, thankful for their service. Hang in there I am confident that they will come through for you too.
PoySippi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2018, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

I did ask for an email confirmation and they did provide communication via email. Best to have things in writing.
PoySippi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Keep calling for updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Warm White or Cool White available!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Insight,
tryingbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies. Man I hope it doesn't turn out to take 6 months, I'm kind of planning to upgrade to a used lithium CRZ maybe in 2-3 months. I'll call them later and ask to please send an email confirmation, I've still had no reply to 2 messages sent to Haley there asking for updates/confirmation that it's still in process. It's been right at about 2 months since I first contacted them about a warranty claim.
rajuncajun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
battery, bumblebee, ima, warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in