Bumblebee OBDIIC&C gauge - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Vendor Member Section > Bumblebee Batteries

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Bumblebee OBDIIC&C gauge

I got my OBDIIC&C gauge from Eli at Bumblebee in the mail today. To say that I am pleased with it would be an understatement. Eli meticulously hand-assembled it and the case and fitment are simply superb. To those of you on the fence, get it now! It's worth every penny and Eli's craftsmanship is first rate.

Mods: 3M Filtrete Advanced Allergen cabin filter cut from furnace sized unit, ScanGauge II and obdII C&C
My IMA system is so broken that the malfunction light won't even bother to turn on. Update: the light turns on now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Getting about 60mpg average, it burns leanly
Thermactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you don't mind answering: $$$?
2000 MT Insight #4812
156,000 miles, 77.3 lmpg,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
actual as Owner
--Calpod's
and Corey's
Mods

--60 PSI on OEM RE-92s

--600w RF amp w/ 10" Sony sub

--135dB Airhorns from Harbor Freight

--Calpod's
Mod 2.0
azaviator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Eli

Send a message via AIM to Eli Send a message via MSN to Eli

Our cost for a fully assembled OBDIIC&C Gauge is $140 via PayPal.

This does not include Peter's cost. Contact him for more information.

Home of the BeeMax performance IMA battery.

503-730-8786

Bumblebee Hybrid Fleet:
2000 MT Insight @ 250k; 2001 MT Insight @ 475k; 2001 MT Insight @ 160k; 2001 MT Insight @ 201k; 2003 MT HCH @ 160k; 2006 CVT HCH2 @ 205k; 2007 CVT FEH @ 210k; 2010 CVT Insight2 @ 191k; 2001 MT Insight @ 182k.
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

My charge is $60 US via paypal which covers the bare pcb, obdii plug, 5 ways switch and the hundreds of hours that have gone into the R&D.

Eli's cost is on top of this.

It makes the gauge comparable to a Scangauge II in price.

V0.04 is being worked on and will give access to every parameter available from the G1 ECM and MCM I'm upto about 140 so far Ditto the HCH1 as well.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com

Last edited by retepsnikrep; 06-23-2012 at 01:38 AM.
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 02:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retepsnikrep View Post
My charge is $60 US via paypal which covers the bare pcb, obdii plug, 5 ways switch and the hundreds of hours that have gone into the R&D.

Eli's cost is on top of this.

It makes the gauge comparable to a Scangauge II in price.

V0.04 is being worked on and will give access to every parameter available from the G1 ECM and MCM I'm upto about 140 so far Ditto the HCH1 as well.
And I think when he says version 4.0 he does not mean you need to wait for the V4.0 before you buy, he is talking about versions you can load yourself into the current gauge. I think to get the latest Scangauge features you buy the next version. I think you can just download Peter's version updates.
Red 2000 MT #1498 MIMA 137P; Matiz Springs, OBDIIC&C
Red 2000 MT #2560 Matiz Springs, OBDIIC&C
Genesis One Overnight Grid Charger
kennysmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

All software updates are FOC at the moment and compatible with the current OBDIIC&C hardware. Just load the version you prefer.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies. The price sounds very reasonable, considering the personalized functionality. Sounds like one of these will be in my near future as well!
2000 MT Insight #4812
156,000 miles, 77.3 lmpg,
actual as Owner
--Calpod's
and Corey's
Mods

--60 PSI on OEM RE-92s

--600w RF amp w/ 10" Sony sub

--135dB Airhorns from Harbor Freight

--Calpod's
Mod 2.0
azaviator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
madmanmostafa

It's definitely worth the buy. I snagged one of Eli's first units out and I've been super impressed with it. I just hold it up with some double sided tape underneath my radio and it gives great detail over all of the features of the car. I only wish it was slightly thinner Haha. Then again, I'm really not complaining because it really helps me maximize gas economy. That and it clears out all of those pesky codes that my normal scanner won't drop.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 04:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanmostafa View Post
I only wish it was slightly thinner Haha.
It can be.
Sold 16 July 2017: 2000 Insight A/C #559 with Honda security system, Genesis One MIMA+FAS and grid charger, OBDIIC&C, Rostra, Fumoto, DEFA engine block heater, Philips LED DRL's
2014 BMW i3 BEV
aisbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

One caveat: DON'T LEAVE IT SITTING ON THE DASH IN THE SUN ALL DAY EVERY DAY!

I left mine on the dash in the sun on a particularly hot day and it's slightly banana-shaped now. The case plastic isn't high-temperature!

That said, would I buy/build again? You bet.

Sam

RIP 2000 Insight, 40k miles @ 69.2 mpg
2000 Insight, AKA "The Basket Case" or "The Go Pod" @185k miles @ 63.5 mpg
-IMAC&C, OBDIIC&C, Scott's aero panel, grid charger, cheapo sound system
samwichse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in