Gen 1 2000 honda insight 203k miles - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gen 1 2000 honda insight 203k miles

Selling my first gen insight, has a decent history with paperwork, fluids changed last year along with the spark plugs and scott's rear springs. There is cosmetic damage on the passenger side where the previous owner hit something and had it welded back (a bit poorly) and a good portion of the underside is pushed back maybe an inch or two. When I talked to Scott about last year he agreed it was cosmetic and the only thing that I noticed was the gap to get to the oil filter was easier to get to and I was unable to get Scott's aluminum underbody panel because the screws didn't line up. The hood on the passenger side is about half an inch raised over the driver's side which isn't noticeable unless you look for it. The paint job is a bit scuffed here and there as well. Other than that it has most of the paperwork for the work done on it as well as the EGR plate being completely cleaned out last year and a GreenTec Battery installed around a year and some ago. It does need new tires but the clutch catches well still and I've been driving it around a year with no issues other then changing the oil every 7k miles full synthetic. I averaged between 55-63 MPG each tank. No mods have been done on it. It's the 5 speed manual and lean burn works like normal. Most inclines I can take with the a slight assist coming in and getting 55mpg going uphills and maintaining whatever speed I was going except for after 55-60 it will slow down to around 50-55.

Pros:

Runs fine

Has most of the paperwork

Battery ~1 and some years old

Clutch catches well and no grind between gears

AC works

Mechanically everything is sound

Cons:

Scuffs around the body

The 1-2 inch damage to the passenger side (the radiator is slanted but no leaks or cracks, I've had it like that since I bought it and drove around a yearish with it with no problems)

Needs new tires

Price: $700 OBO

I really need to get rid of the car as I bought a new car and I'm moving in a couple days so I don't know where to put it after I move. Located in SoCal

Pictures:

https://gyazo.com/719ebd6dcdda4f50b019a1e3a1eb0abb

https://gyazo.com/f13d6fe6744b2dd051cd370e67e396a3

https://gyazo.com/7466ac1c733627de86cdcabcfad1b99c

Last edited by EatMyKimchi; 10-24-2018 at 01:39 PM.
EatMyKimchi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Good deal! should sell quickly.

Is this a manual or CVT?
gt3guru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3guru View Post
Good deal! should sell quickly.

Is this a manual or CVT?
Ty and Oops should've added that, manual
EatMyKimchi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in