2000 Insight MT, 136K miles, $2000 / best offer - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2018, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default SOLD: 2000 Insight MT, 136K miles, $2000 / best offer

=======
|| SOLD. ||
=======

2000 silver Honda Insight
5 speed manual transmission
136034 miles
$2000 / best offer
Vancouver, WA, USA (across the river from Portland, OR)

Honda replaced the battery in January 2013. It's weak, but is being maintained with a Hybrid Automotive grid charger. It feels about half as strong as a new battery: not zippy, but WAY better than a dead IMA system. It's remained good enough that I haven't felt the need to swap in one of Bumblebee's excellent replacements, even though Bumblebee is only twenty miles away. However I do about 70% highway driving with lights on, otherwise the charge level tends to hover around 50%, and prolonged city stop-and-go will drain it pretty deeply.
Transmission is in good condition: minor gear noise in 1st, but all shifts are smooth and easy.
No engine codes ever. No IMA codes since reconditioning the pack with the Hybrid Automotive discharger in December 2015, and topping it off with a grid charge every five days of inactivity since then.
Best mileage was on a 349 mile round trip to Seattle last May: 74 MPG. LMPG on this battery is 69.3.
Interior has normal wear for an 18 year old car. The hatch lift struts are getting weak; they don't always hold the hatch open.
Exterior is in good shape aside from 18 years of stone chips. Passenger-side wheel spat was broken around 2010 and repaired; passenger-side door trim is decaying from ten years of California sun exposure.
Windshield was replaced in 2013 due to stone thrown by an open dump truck on I-210 in SoCal; new windshield is water-tight. I now give all $#^%$*@! open dump trucks an even wider berth.
There isn't any oil dripping so I'm guessing the drain pan plug threads are still in good shape.
OEM AM/FM/cassette with 6x CD changer in trunk. Original speakers swapped out for much nicer Kenwoods.

From last month's service at Atomic Auto in Portland:
Front tires - 9/32
Rear tires - 9/32
Front brakes - 4-5mm
Rear brakes - 35-40%(drums)

Comes with two regular keys, valet key, remote; Hybrid Automotive Prolong Reconditioning Package (charger and discharger); spare blades for all three wipers; windscreen and rear hatch sun shades; somewhat tattered Weathershield car cover; silver touch-up paint; wheel lug locks inherited from 1st owner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Insight-DSC00560.jpg (90.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Insight-DSC00539.jpg (110.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Insight-DSC00541.jpg (95.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Insight-DSC00543.jpg (236.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Insight-DSC00566.jpg (122.7 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by adamwilt; 12-08-2018 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Sold on 8 December 2018
adamwilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2018, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

That looks very clean for the money. It should sell fast at that price and low miles.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

I sent you a pm!
Santorican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2018, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwilt View Post
2000 silver Honda Insight
Sadly, I must sell it ASAP to make room for a Tesla 3 please don't judge me too harshly.
No judgement here, we took delivery of our 3 last Friday! You should join the PDX Tesla Owners group on Facebook, too.

Quote:
https(colon)//www(dot)facebook(dot)com/groups/TeslaPortland/
Kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2018, 01:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am very interested in your insight. It looks like exactly what I'm looking for. I have $2000 cash ready if your buyer falls through and you want it gone. I'm just down in Salem oregon.
k7-1ktrevor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in