Bumblebee battery pack, good for parts - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2018, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

I recently picked up a 2000 Honda Insight with a bad ima battery and have plans for an engine swap down the road a little bit.

I have removed the battery pack that was in the car last week and would like to sell it. The previous owner replaced the original pack in 2014 (had bumble bee warranty tag on the battery connection plate) just recently the car threw the ima code and stopped charging the 12v battery. I would like to sell this pack as I'm sure there are plenty of good cells in it and would like to see it not go to waste. It is located in Salem Oregon, an hour south of Portland Oregon/ Vancouver Washington. I'm asking $200 but open to offers. Will include the blower motor as well. Bcm is sold sorry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1584_1545003256889.jpg (119.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1585_1545003281656.jpg (115.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1586_1545003305904.jpg (72.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by k7-1ktrevor; 12-17-2018 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Sold parts
k7-1ktrevor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

If it doesn't sell here, try contact Bumblebee batteries. I'm sure they'd be glad to buy your core from you. I got an offer from them for mine back when I thought I'd have to get rid of it (had the IMA light due to broken ground straps).
| Full IMA delete, 15V Meanwell pseudo-alternator, increased tire pressure, grille block, WAI, underbody panels, Scott's pan, other aeromods
| 6th gen Civic console, 8th gen Civic shift knob, Polk DB652 speakers, all LED lighting except interior and signals
| Details:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mpg_numbers_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

@K7

Please click "User CP" above and then "edit my details" on the left bar. You can list a general location to appear with your avatar. It will help all concerned as you continue to be a member. Isn't mandatory but it sure helps

Send me a PM with asking price for the BCM.
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2018, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

finally updated my profile location, sorry it took so long but I usually just acess this forum from my cell phone.

Ill pm you a price right now.

and I believe they bought my previous ima battery from a 06 insight I parted out a few years back. thanks guys
Old 12-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

I sold one a year and a half back and didn't think through about shipping costs. It cost me nearly $90 to ship. Not sure if you are just trying to help others out or make a little extra cash. Shipping these gets expensive quickly.
5 Speed 2001 278K Time of Death 5/4/17 8:04am.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BTschakert; 12-17-2018 at 11:29 AM.
BTschakert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

So the Bumblebee pack, installed in 2014, lasted less than 5 years before throwing IMA codes, just like mine.

Hmmm...
Old 12-20-2018, 11:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Willing to sell the battery pack for $150. Located in Salem Oregon
Old 12-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
So the Bumblebee pack, installed in 2014, lasted less than 5 years before throwing IMA codes, just like mine.

Hmmm...
Those are good examples of why we suggest to start maintenance (balance) grid charging the IMA battery after ~1 year of use.

Try a grid charge then a slow discharge and another grid charge to [hopefully] rejuvenate the battery.

As an example of what happens with a grid charge maintenance program, I have a 6 year old Honda warranty replacement battery in my car that doesn't throw codes.

1963 Lotus 7 replica, 12 mpg

1962 Henny Kilowatt, 40 miles/charge @ 40 mph

My website

* Hack your OBDIIc&c
* Cool the IMA battery
* DIY Fix rear motor mount
* DIY Grid charger/discharger build instructions etc
* My grid charger/discharger thread on the forum
olrowdy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in