2000 Honda Insight 5 Speed - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2019, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2000 Honda Insight 5 Speed

Located: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
For Sale: 2000 Honda Insight Hybrid
Engine: 1.0l 3 cylinder IMA (Integrated Motor Assist)
Battery: BumbleBee Batteries BeeMax Replacement (purchased in 2015)
Transmission: 5 Speed Manuel
Milage: 96,xxx, on engine and chassis, about 20,xxx on the BeeMax Battery.
Title: Salvage
Price: $2000

Selling my daily driver for the last 4 years. It gets amazing gas milage in city, and even better milage on the highway. The car is 19 years old but the engine runs just as strong as the day she rolled off the assembly line. As due most things over time things go bad. After doing some research via insightcental.net and the North American G1 Insight group on facebook, I found out that the even though BumbleBee Batteries are far superior than OEM, they donít last the test of time. The battery does work most of the time, but it is overheats. Iíve been lead to believe it is one stick in the battery that is not balanced and needs replacing. The other thing that it might be is a bad temperature sensor. If you know about Insights you can research this issue more and find ways to fix it. I donít have time to fix it so I am letting it go for a good price. With out the battery, Iíve been averaging 50 MPG city/highway. This is the top of the line Insight with the air conditioning and rear speakers behind the seats. Oil changed every 3,000 miles since its been in my ownership. It also has a K&N drop in air filter. Most recent major maintenance is a new OEM radiator, head gasket, resurfaced and cleaned head, crank seal gasket, IMA battery fan. The oil /oil filter was just changed at 95,500 miles. The car has a little bit of a rough idle, new OEM spark plugs would fix the issue. Over all the car is amazing and besides the battery not being perfect it has some cosmetic issues but runs and drives great.

Text me 505-321-1309

coreynellos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow, thats a great looking one. I like the window tinting too.
Johnmarkzimm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2019, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Potentially interested in the car. PM and text sent.
Silver 2006 MT #531, 202K miles : Genesis One GCO1 Charger, OBDIIC&C, MIMA 070 PnP, GAZ rear shocks, KLR3CYL rear springs and belly pan
Silver 2005 MT #107, 187K miles : OBDIIC&C, KLR3CYL belly pan. Still fixing small things.
Silver 2001 MT #683, 256K miles : Beater/test bed. Might sell it later.
davenm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

What's the deal with the salvage title? Do you mean salvage rebuilt?

I have about 17 bumble bee sticks you could have if you felt like replacing your bad sticks. It's really not all to hard. They're older but what you probably having is a stick that's leaking electrolyte onto the PTC stripes. This is bad as it's putting the 12v system in contact with the 144v system and could lead to a fire. Peter has a pretty good video descirbing this.
2000 Red #2596, 222k miles and counting. OBDIIC&C, Spare wheels, Bridgestone B381 145/80/14 LRR tires, Prolong Charger/Simple Discharger, rebuilt OEM pack
Whirring trunk latch fix
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sold! Sold! Sold!
coreynellos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in