Used Whispbar base roof rack for Gen 2 Insight - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2019, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Used Whispbar base roof rack for Gen 2 Insight

I have for sale a set of Yakima Whispbar S6 base rack, the k542 fittings, the Yakima SKS lock cores, and keys. Basically everything that youd need to install these on your Gen 2 Insight. Everything was taken directly off my car and has been stored in the garage.

I bought these at the end of 2015 from another forum member who had them on his 2010 Insight before it was totaled. Well my 2011 Insight was totaled this past August and they crossbars wont fit my new Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Im hoping to sell these to use the money towards the racks for my new car.

I used the racks off and on over the past 3 years to either haul a pair of mountain bikes or cargo box. They work great and are pretty solid on the roof.

Asking $150 (plus shipping). Huge savings over buying new and this one fits! Im looking at dropping about $500 on a new rack setup for my new car. $150 is a steal, but Im willing to pass them on to another Gen 2 Insight driver for the same amount I paid. I figured Ill offer them on this forum for a couple of months before moving on to Craigslist/Ebay.

This rack does not require the wind fairing due to the design. It is an airfoil shape so it does not make that annoying hum and/or whistle like conventional crossbars.
Advertisement

Tags
base rack, roof rack, whispbar, yakima

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in