Selling complete LTO conversion kit - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2019, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Selling complete LTO conversion kit (SALE PENDING)

*** SALE PENDING ***

Greetings, all. Due to circumstances of my own creation, I am selling my entire LTO conversion project that I’ve been working on for the past year. I had the opportunity to purchase a very rare car (a 1933 American Austin “Suburban”.. only 2 known to exist) and had to sell my Insight to make room for it in the garage. Since I no longer have an Insight, I obviously don’t need an LTO conversion!

I was intent on doing this conversion the “right” way, which to me meant a full BMS and 72 cells. I am selling the following components:

4 Toshiba LTO battery packs from a Honda Fit EV (3 for use in the car, one spare). I have put 3 packs through a complete discharge/charge cycle using the BMS and they appear to be very well balanced) (paid $1460)

Orion 2 BMS, 72 cell capacity, with current sensor, thermistors, cell wiring harness (with ring terminals suitable for connecting to the battery cell taps), and CAN interface for connecting the BMS to a PC. (paid $1725)

Circuit boards from Peter: BCM fooler (soldered to harness and mounted to relay board), current hack board, IMACC&C with joystick (paid $800)

Charger/discharger capable of charging the full battery from any state of charge (homemade.. about $200 in parts)

19x24 aluminum plate, m6 screws, spacers, and m6 threading drill bit (paid about $100 total), still needs to be fabricated to fit.

Relay/switch board, spare MDM and BCM, and all harnesses (paid $600 to purchase basically an entire IMA system so I could keep using the car while working on the conversion)

This represents a nearly $5000 investment but I am willing to let it go for $3000 if you will pick it up in south-central PA. I am happy to answer any questions so please ask.

Last edited by Captain Torque; 02-10-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Marked as sale pending
Captain Torque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Interesting car, good lucky with the sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Warm White or Cool White available!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Insight,
tryingbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in