Selling Bluesight - 2003 Blue CVT Insight - Starts at $700 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Selling Bluesight - 2003 Blue CVT Insight - Starts at $700

Sadly, I finally lost the CVT belt in my beloved Bluesight autocross car. Luckily, it was close to my temporary Florida abode when it let go. Hauling it back to WI is a hassle, and I don' have the inclination or tools down here to do a swap (CVT, K20, whatever), so I'm looking to sell it where it sits.

It's a blue 2003 CVT Insight in reasonably good shape...originally a California car, so no rust anywhere. Interior is in nice shape as well. 207K miles, but well maintained for autocross use. Engine runs perfectly. No codes in daily driving. Important parts have been replaced, including engine/transmission mounts, lower control arms, front hubs/disks/pads, ground straps. Original wheels and tires are good. The suspension has a serious upgrade with Ground Control adjustable springs and GAZ rear shocks . About $500 worth of stuff I wish I could swap into my WI Insight, but it will need to go with this one. That's the basics. If you're interested in a K20 or other major swap, maybe an Insight dragster, or just a pretty good part-out platform, this would be the starting point. How about $700...

The IMA pack is optional in case you want to do a CVT/drivetrain replace and keep the Insight as a hybrid. Otherwise, I'll haul that up to WI. The Bumblebee pack ($2K) was put in new in December of 2017 to keep the performance up. The pack is upgraded with Peter's IMA Boost and current hack, along with a bigger fuse (175A) to accommodate the higher current demands of the current hack. It also has an upgraded cooling fan and a Genesis One charge/discharge harness (sorry, I'm keeping the grid charger). I'd also include my OBDIIC&C and switch-based IMAC&C that give you better monitoring and control of the pack. Add $500 for this stuff.

If you plan to actually return the Bluesight to racing form, I will throw in a few racing bits for free. That would include the Stiffy engine torque damper (stops engine rocking at the start), a "muffler delete" straight pipe, a 3lb Shorai lithium racing battery to replace the 27lb 12V battery (not for daily driving), and the IMA battery cooling hose (just a dryer vent hose with some appropriate ends).

If you are really serious, I would also consider offering my Konig Feather racing wheels with 4 RE71R racing tires in various states (205-50-15) as part of the package for an additional $600.

All this would need to be hauled from Sarasota, Florida. And I need to move it within about 3 weeks (by about March 20, 2019).

Give me a shout!

B

PS...Comes with clear, Wisconsin title...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bluesight.jpg (192.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by bluesight; 02-26-2019 at 03:38 PM.
bluesight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

Shame you are selling.. H ope it finds a good home.

Is it the CVT belt or the splines or just no drive?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Nothing...just engine whine/spin. I need to take a quick look at the linkage to be sure, but I was just tooling down the road and it glided to a stop. Losing the belt really wasn't unexpected, but it's lucky it didn't happen at my Saturday race when I was 120 miles away. My road service only goes for 90 miles...

B

PS...Linkage looks to be intact up to the CVT housing...so that's not the easy answer...

Last edited by bluesight; 02-26-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBossk

I'll give you $700 if you tow it to Des Moines IA lol

edit.... oh you broke down in Florida that's a bummer.

Last edited by DaBossk; 02-26-2019 at 08:57 PM.
DaBossk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2019, 09:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'll give ya 750.00 drop off in Maryland,lol
Honda hybrid442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2019, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm betting on flywheel splines. At least drain the fluid and see if any belt bits or other metal drain out. If not it would be worth paying a shop to R & R the tranny and inspect the flywheel.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2019, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Interesting...I may try that. I need to see a picture of the CVT since I can't quite visualize the flywheel position. Must be outside the main casing if parts don't end up in the fluid.

And, if it doesn't get hauled away from here, the only place it might get dropped off is my Madison, WI abode...no alternate destinations (sorry). But the transport is the problem.

B

PS...I see the discussion of the situation. More research is needed. Really thanks for that heads up. I always assumed I was headed for destroyed belt(s)...

Last edited by bluesight; 02-26-2019 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

So, I just happen to have a "boroscope" I can put down into the trans. I'll try to check that tomorrow. Should be interesting. If it is the flywheel, I'm still not sure I can do the repairs myself here. And I'll need to find a source for the flywheel. But it might be justification enough to get it back to WI or spend a bit on shop work down here. So, for at least a bit, the dead CVT "fire" sale is on hold.

Thanks again!
B

PS...I should take this discussion over to Problems and Troubleshooting for now...see ya

Last edited by bluesight; 02-26-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Update...Bluesight Lives!

I managed to fix Bluesight, so it's back on the road and at the races. I'm no longer trying to find it a new home.

Thanks to all for the CVT info and all the posts and help about fixing it.

B
Old 04-25-2019, 11:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

so, asking as the owner of a 2001 CVT which suddenly stopped moving in D or R what did you find that you were able to fix? Was it the flywheel splines? Are they actually part of the flywheel or is there a flex plate involved?
refrigman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in